The ministry had begun an investigation last September after Vietnamese sugar producers claimed they were hurt by the dumping of sugar imported from Thailand.
As many as 3,300 people lost their jobs with factories having to close. More than 93,200 farmers were affected.
The investigation found Thai sugar exporters had a dumping margin of 47.64 percent. In February, Vietnam had slapped preliminary anti-dumping and countervailing duty of 33.88 percent on sugar imported from Thailand.
Sugar imports from Thailand last year hit 1.3 million tons, a year-on-year surge of 330.4 percent, according to the preliminary investigation. The importsSugar imported from Thailand accounted for 90 percent of the total imports of the sweetener last year, according to the Food and Foodstuff Association of HCMC.
- NTC imposes anti-dumping duty on steel coils import
- US slaps anti-dumping duties on Chinese alloy aluminium sheet
- Turkey set to open anti-dumping probes into US companies: Minister
- UPDATE 5-China slaps anti-dumping deposit on Brazilian chicken
- UPDATE 6-China slaps anti-dumping deposit on Brazilian chicken
- Duty on Rice Import: Govt to raise it to 'protect growers'
- Kenya: MPs Call for Serious Probe on Fake Sugar
- Kenya: Tycoon in Dirty Sugar Import Saga Arrested in Kitui
- China's industrial policies like 'Made in China 2025' plan harm companies in US: White House
- Plans like ‘Made In China 2025’ hurting US: White House
- Tariff on Chinese product not to affect China-Pakistan trade ties: Global Times
- US launches another trade case against China
- Read about the tariff cost for newspapers in print— while you still can
- Out of Asia: China steel exporters chase new buyers in Africa, South America
- ‘Nigeria to sign deal after OPS concerns are met’
- India’s trade-off with Trumponomics
- Hanoi revisited: perspectives from our former ambassador
- The Indefatigable Chinese
- Trump warns Trudeau: Trade row 'will cost Canada a lot of money’
- Trump's tariffs: What they are and how they would work
Vietnam imposes anti-dumping and countervailing duty on Thai sugar have 287 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.