The agreement was reached between Vietnamese Ambassador to Ethiopia and Tanzania Nguyen Nam Tien and Ethiopian President Sahle-Work Zewde on the occasion of the Vietnamese diplomat presenting his credentials to the Ethiopian State leader on June 1.
President Zewde affirmed her wish to strengthen Ethiopia-Vietnam relations and asked Vietnam to continue providing support for her country in the time ahead.
Ambassador Tien said a priority during his term is to promote relations between the two countries in all aspects, particularly trade and investment. He affirmed that Vietnam is willing to support and create favourable conditions for Ethiopia to early open its embassy in Vietnam.
Earlier, the Vietnamese Ambassador held a working session with Molalign Asfaw, Director-General for Asia and the Pacific at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia, during which he proposed that the two countries increase the exchange of high-level visits and push forward with the implementation of signed agreements after the COVID-19 pandemic is put under control.
Asfaw noted that there is much room for the two countries to expand trade, which is currently valued at 20 million USD a year at present. He said Ethiopian welcomes investment from Vietnamese businesses, and urged more exchanges between the two governments, ruling parties, business communities and people.
Ambassador Tien also had a meeting with officials from the ruling Prosperity Party (PP) to discuss ways to enhance the ties between the Communist Party of Vietnam and the PP.
Meeting with the Vietnamese community in Ethiopia, the ambassador stressed that the Vietnamese Embassy is always ready to give support to the community, especially amid the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bangladeshi PM: Vietnamese President’s visit lifts bilateral ties to new height
- PM Imran discusses Kashmir issue, bilateral ties in meeting with Saudi king
- China welcomes more contributions from U.S. enterprises to bilateral ties: vice premier
- Confucius Institute in Vietnam fosters Vietnam-China cultural exchange
- Vietnam treasures relations with Egypt: Party official
- Vietnam, Russia hold first inter-parliamentary committee meeting
- NA leader’s visits give strong boost to ties with Russia, Belarus
- Sweden to work closely with Vietnam on complex issues: Swedish Ambassador
- Vietnam & Russia agree on $10bn bilateral investment
- NA leader affirms support for defence-security ties with Mexico
- China, Vietnam ties grow well: Chinese Embassy in Hanoi
- Malian President keen on boosting partnership with Vietnam
- Vietnamese, Belarusian parliaments pledge support for stronger ties
- Ambassadors in Vietnam – P8: A life-changing move
- US aircraft carrier to visit Vietnam next year
- RoK-Vietnam ties – model of modern international relations
- Vietnam introduces priorities during tenure in UN Security Council
- Vietnam, China open specialised route for goods transportation
- Vietnam-RoK defence cooperation enjoys unceasing development
- Int’l conference talks relations between Vietnam, foreign NGOs
Vietnam, Ethiopia enhance bilateral ties have 429 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.