Of the sum, 20,000 CHF were donated by Swiss businessman Urs Angst, CEO of the food processing company Metzgerei-Angst ; and 5,000 CHF from Truong Thanh Nguyen, the Vietnamese owner of the Truong Vinh AG company in Switzerland.
Urs Angst told the Vietnam News Agency correspondents in Geneva that he wants to revisit to Vietnam as soon as possible, and his desire could only be achieved if the nation secures enough vaccine for its people.
Nguyen said he donates to the fund to help Vietnamese get vaccinated and Vietnam soon open its border and bring life back to normal.
At the event, Vietnamese Ambassador Le Linh Lan expressed her appreciation for the donors' contributions in the context that the COVID-19 situation has basically been put under control in Vietnam but the risk of new outbreaks remains high due to the emergence of new coronavirus variants./.
- PTI govt to use Covid-19 fund for interest payment
- Vietnam prepares second phase testing of Covid-19 vaccine
- Kenny Loggins performs 'Footloose' at an empty Hollywood Bowl to raise money for Covid-19 relief
- Vietnam, Japan coordinate closely to fight COVID-19: Ambassador
- Vietnam weighs up repatriation of British COVID-19 patient in critical condition
- Vietnam plans to fly British Covid-19 patient home
- Exclusive: European Investment Bank to raise COVID-19 fund to 2 billion euros
- Banks provide financial aid for enterprises to overcome Covid-19 pandemic
- Studies: 13% of Museums Worldwide May Not Reopen After COVID-19 Crisis
- WHO Chief Pledges Independent Evaluation of Agency’s COVID-19 Response
- Some Lebanese Fear Going Hungry More Than COVID-19 Infection
- COVID-19 Stress Fuels Spike in Australia Family Violence
- Yemen's COVID-19 Fight: 'We've Only Just Begun'
- CapitaLand donates COVID-19 care kits to over 1,400 students in VN
- Vietnam helps ASEAN battle the COVID-19 pandemic
- GAVI lauds Vietnam’s ways to control COVID-19
- Vietnam stands firm amid Covid-19 outbreak
- 25 Years Of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa: 25 Artists To Go Live For 25 Hours To Raise Funds For COVID-19 Victims
- 25 Yrs Of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa: 350 Plus Artists To Go Live For 25 Hrs To Raise Funds For COVID-19 Victims
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 25 Years: 350 Plus Artists To Go Live For 25 Hrs To Raise Funds For COVID-19 Victims
Vietnam Embassy in Switzerland raises over 32,500 CHF for COVID-19 fund at home have 383 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.