Bac Giang Province led with 90 cases, followed by Ho Chi Minh City (45), Bac Ninh Province (10), Nghe An Province (2), Ha Nam Province and Bac Kan Province one each.
Most of the new cases have been isolated prior or have had contact with previously confirmed patients, except for 12 cases in HCMC on whom authorities are doing contact tracing.
HCMC recorded a total of 99 local cases Wednesday, the highest daily figure since the beginning of last year.
The city on Wednesday put six factories where 3,000 workers are employed under lockdown after detecting two cases there Tuesday evening.
These factories are located in the districts of Binh Tan, Binh Chanh and Cu Chi.
Total number of local cases in Vietnam since April 27 is now at 8,411 in 40 localities. 24 of them have not recorded new cases in 14 days.
Forty seven patients were discharged Wednesday, bringing the total number of recoveries to 4,590.
- Ho Chih Minh City leads Vietnam's Covid-19 tally on Friday (June 18) with highest daily increase
- 149 new Covid-19 cases confirmed, mainly in HCMC, Binh Duong
- 4,000-employee company in northern Vietnam closed after worker contracts coronavirus
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 17
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 19
- HCM City leads national COVID tally on Friday with highest daily increase
- Covid-19 attacks HCMC state offices, hospitals
- Transmission sources unknown for many HCMC Covid-19 patients
Vietnam confirms 149 new local cases have 210 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.