In the win against Malaysia on Friday, the Korean received a yellow card for remonstrating with the referee, his second at the 2022 World Cup Asian qualifiers after one during Vietnam’s 0-0 draw with Thailand in September 2019.
Park has been suspended for Vietnam's last game in group G against the UAE.
He is prohibited from entering the dressing room and appearing in the stadium tunnel or technical area, including the area meant for reserve players. He can sit in the stands but is not allowed to enter areas adjacent to the field.
He cannot contact or interact with anyone about the match in any form during the match or attend the post-match interview and related media activities on the field.
Assistant Lee Young-jin will manage the team in his absence. Lee plays a key role in technical training and providing tactical options to Park.
This is the second time Park has been suspended since he started coaching Vietnam in 2017.
The first time was in the SEA Games 30 final in 2019 against Indonesia, when he remonstrated with the referee after some of his players were fouled. He had to pay a fine of $5,000 and was suspended for four games.
Vietnam are on top of Group G in the second qualifying round with 17 points, two more than hosts UAE. The team will enter the third stage as the group leader if they do not lose to the UAE on June 15.
The game will take place at 11:45 p.m. (Hanoi time) and will be reported live on VnExpress International.
- Vietnam disadvantaged by AFF Cup, World Cup qualifiers schedule clash
- Coach Park takes Vietnamese lessons during COVID-19 pandemic
- Vietnam will quarantine visitors, Lebanon is to close its borders, and South Africa declares state of emergency as world's response to coronavirus gets ramped up
- World Cup 2018: Willian Warns Eden Hazard As Chelsea Teammates Prepare To Clash At World Cup
- Umar Akmal charged under PCB Anti-Corruption Code
- Coronavirus outbreak: What the crackdown means for your sport
- Footballers set for busy winter, if coronavirus permits
- 2019-2020 ASEAN Basketball League suspended indefinitely
- Hải to talk with his fists against cocky Australian opponent
- Reality kicks in... Premier League stars are training with VR headsets to keep themselves sharp during coronavirus shutdown, and our reporter was run ragged by Kylian Mbappe after giving the tech a try!
- AFL sensationally announces the 2020 season WILL go ahead despite sporting leagues across the globe scrapping competitions to stop the spread of coronavirus
- The Latest: NHL postpones draft, awards ceremony
- PCB's Anti-Corruption Unit level multiple charges of breach on Umar Akmal
- Factbox: Sports events around the world hit by coronavirus pandemic
- Sports events around the world hit by coronavirus pandemic
- Sportsperson who have tested positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus sport cancellations: Full list of postponements as Premier League, The Masters and F1 races cancelled
- Coronavirus sport cancellations: Full list of postponements as French Open, Premier League and Euro 2020 postponed
- AFL faces 'most serious threat' in 100 years
- Coronavirus latest: Angela Merkel to quarantine after meeting infected doctor
Vietnam coach to be spectator in UAE clash after suspension have 486 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.