The facemasks, which were manufactured by Phu Bao Medical at its production facility in Long An Province, arrive at a critical moment for Timor-Leste as it battles a surge in COVID-19 cases. The situation has been further compounded by devastating floods and landslides caused by tropical cyclone Seroja, which have caused extensive damage throughout the country, including to national medical storage facilities.
The floods could not have come at a worse time, Peter Roberts, Australian Ambassador to Timor Leste said: "COVID cases have increased dramatically over recent months. Health centres, bridges and thousands of homes were destroyed or damaged. With many essential services knocked out by the floods and thousands of people being forced to take refuge at evacuation centers, the country is facing mounting challenges in preventing the further spread of the virus. The facemasks supplied by Vietnam will make a highly valued contribution to the fight against COVID-19, particularly in helping to protect medical staff and other frontline workers".
"By working together to deliver these much-needed medical supplies, Australia and Vietnam are assisting Timor-Leste in its fight against the spread of COVID-19. It is another example of the growing practical cooperation between Vietnam and Australia under our Strategic Partnership, and Vietnam's increasing leadership in addressing regional challenges", Robyn Mudie, Australian Ambassador to Vietnam said.
- Fabio proud of Kuala Lumpur's fighting spirit in win over Kedah
- Leali’ifano back on pitch less than year from leukemia fight
- Azkals rise in FIFA rankings anew
- Orica-Scott’s season in review: Promising start ends in disappointment
- MMQB: On Randy Moss, equality and commencement speeches
- Australian rugby has plenty of reasons for optimism
- A glance at the teams in the Six Nations
- 2017 NBA Draft Big Board 3.0
- Fun & Gun: A week behind the scenes with UCLA, the best show in college basketball
- No. 15 Saint Mary’s looks to rebound at San Francisco
- The Latest: Warriors beat Cavs 104-89, take Game 1 of Finals
- 23 historical fun facts about the NBA Draft
- Bledsoe has 26, Suns pull away late from Mavericks, 102-95 (Jan 05, 2017)
- Suns pull away from Mavericks behind Bledsoe’s 26
- Spurs clamp down on defense to snap Rockets' 11-game win streak
- Highland Springs alum Andre Ingram takes a breath after 'surreal' week of NBA fame
- 5 Things To Watch For In The 2016-17 NBA Season
- 2017 NBA Draft: Ranking Best Wings Available
- IPL: We backed Rana from the beginning and assured him support: Kallis
Vietnam and Australia assist COVID-19 fight of Timor-Leste have 393 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.