National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines has said it will put 11 Airbus A321 CEOs up for auction.
The airline also has plans to sell and lease back a spare PW1133G-JM engine with a new quick engine changer (QEC), expected to be delivered in July.
The auction is part of a Vietnam Airlines program to replace old-generation aircraft that have been in use for at least 12 years.
It also hopes to use the auction as an opportunity to offset the decrease in cash flow caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
The carrier sold nine aircraft last year and five in 2019.
It had a fleet of 107 aircraft at the end of last year, including 71 Airbus A321 CEOs.
The carrier posted its largest quarterly loss ever in the first quarter of 2021 at VND4.9 trillion (US$213 million), bringing its accumulated loss to VND14.22 trillion ($619 million), which has marginally surpassed its charter capital.
If its performance continues in the same vein, the airline's HVN stock on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) might be delisted.
It received warnings from Vietnam's stock market watchdog on April 15.
- Vietnam Airlines earns $141.8m in pre-tax profit
- Vietnam Airlines Paris-Hanoi flight delayed due to technical problem
- Vietnam Airlines opens Can Tho – Da Nang route
- Vietnam Airlines to add 300 flights during upcoming holidays
- Vietnam Airlines and ST Aerospace sign deal to boost aviation operations
- Vietnam Airlines and youth union plant 11,000 trees in Quang Ninh
- Airline reports stolen aircraft, witnesses report chase
- Vietcombank to sell shares at Vietnam Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines warns against free airfare scams
- Malaysia Airlines denies launching aircraft tender
- Airbus expands footfrint in Vietnam with arrival of A220-300
- US hopes for second aircraft carrier visit to Vietnam this year
- Vietnam-France ties thrive: ambassador
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- Vietnam start-up Bamboo Airways secures licence after delayed launch
- How Cebu Pacific, one of Asia’s oldest budget airlines, wants to keep soaring
- Vân Đồn Airport calls on international airlines to open routes
- Inaugural Singapore Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Singapore makes U-turn after 40 minutes
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Ethiopia urges Boeing to review 737 Max controls, backs pilots
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Preliminary report shows pilots wrestling with controls
Vietnam Airlines to auction off 11 aircraft have 362 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.