The two women, aged 87 and 60, died on Sunday at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi, the Ministry of Health announced.
The 87-year-old woman from the northern province of Bac Ninh had hypertension, heart failure, Parkinson’s and had a heart attack in 2017. Due to her old age, she required constant, daily care from her family members, one of whom had Covid-19 and infected her.
On June 4, she tested positive for the coronavirus as well and was treated at the Bac Ninh Province general hospital. Her condition worsened and she was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi on June 7.
She was later diagnosed with pneumonia due to Covid-19. She was put on ventilators, ECMO and other treatments. She responded poorly to treatments.
Her causes of death were pneumonia due to Covid-19 and septic shock.
The 60-year-old woman, from Hanoi, had a Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in November 2019 which was put under control thanks to chemotherapy. But the cancer returned in April, prompting her to undergo chemo again at the K Hospital in the capital.
On May 19, she tested positive for the coronavirus and was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases. But her condition worsened and she responded poorly to treatments. Her causes of death were pneumonia caused by Covid-19, septic shock and invasive fungal infection.
With the two new deaths, 26 Covid-19 deaths have been recorded in Vietnam’s latest coronavirus wave since late April.
- Seven fresh imported cases of Covid-19 reported
- Man City leave it late to beat Everton and reach Cup semis
- Ivory Coast, Morocco latest teams to qualify for Cup of Nations finals
- PSG knock holders Bayern out of Champions League to reach semis
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — March 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 25
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 30
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 1
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 5
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — April 10
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 11
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 13
- UNSC role highlighting UXO threat
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 20
Two women die of Covid in Hanoi have 328 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.