HÀ NỘI – Two more people have died of COVID-19 complications in Việt Nam, a woman aged 90 and a 67-year-old man.
Their deaths were announced Saturday afternoon and take the total number of fatalities to 64.
The woman lived in Bắc Giang Province and tested positive for COVID-19 on June 12.
After developing a severe cough, shortness of breath and fatigue, she was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit at Bắc Giang Mental Hospital.
Despite treatment, her condition worsened and she died on June 18. Her cause of death has been recorded as severe pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, progressive respiratory failure, septic shock, multi-organ failure in a patient with a history of hypertension, diabetes and gangrene.
Earlier on Saturday another patient, a man from Hà Trung, Thanh Hóa Province, also died as a result of COVID complications.
He was being treated at Tân Triều branch of the K Cancer Hospital for lung cancer and tested positive for coronavirus on May 15.
The patient was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases but responded poorly to medication and was placed on a mechanical ventilator to help him breathe on May 31.
Despite extensive treatment, the damage to his lungs was too severe and he died in the early hours of Saturday morning.
His cause of death has been recorded as SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia, septic shock and invasive candidiasis, in patients with stage IV left bronchial cancer. The cancer had also spread to his bones. VNS
- Emergency doctors warn patients dying, conditions unsafe at Royal Hobart Hospital
- A guideline telling doctors when not to revive terminally-ill patients, expected soon
- Changing the Tide for the Severely Ill Eating Disordered
- Physician-Assisted Death for Psychiatrically Ill Patients
- What is a Fecal Transplant? FDA Issues Warning After Patient Dies From 'Invasive' Post-transplant Infection
- Health inspector warned hospital that listeria would grow on sandwiches in its BROKEN fridges just three days before patient died from the deadly bacteria
- Girl, 2, falls ill and dies days after Jet2 holiday at ‘disgusting’ four-star Turkey hotel where ‘faeces left in swimming pool’
- Doctors explain how patient died from fecal transplant
- Amber Rudd and Monticello: an ill-fated step in a complicated career
- Seven mental health patients died waiting for beds
- Despite options, many cancer patients are left in the dark
- Anorexia patients are NOT all dangerously thin and the sickest ones may slip through the net because they look a healthy weight, doctors warn
- California Man Becomes the First ‘Death With Dignity’ Patient to Undergo Cryonic Preservation
- Let's talk about the art of living and dying well
- Dangers of Vaping: Facts and Statistics on Health Risks of E-Cigarettes as Lung Illness Causes Teen Deaths Across U.S.
- NHS report reveals a THIRD of cancer patients still have to go to their GP at least TWICE before being sent to hospital for tests – the same amount as last year
- French ski resort workers are killed in an explosion while trying to clear an avalanche and three skiers die in the Austrian alps as the worst snowfall in 30 years continues to batter Europe
- Why You Should Fight For Your Right to Die
- Why there's an uptick in vaping-related lung illnesses
- Why didn't we recognise the warning signs? I wish I had an answer for my dead patient's husband
Two severely ill patients die of COVID-19 complications have 589 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.