The Ministry of Health on Tuesday evening announced the 79th and 80th COVID-19 related deaths in Vietnam, both are elderly female patients with severe underlying medical conditions.
HCM City Hospital for TropicalDiseases.— Photo chinhphu.vn
The 64-year-old patient from northern Bắc Giang Province tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on May 26 and was hospitalised for treatment. She was then transferred to Bắc Giang Lung Hospital on May 31 after she experienced difficulty breathing.
She was moved to the Intensive Care Centre of Bắc Giang Psychiatric Hospital on June 12 after her condition worsened. She died on June 28.
Prior to the virus, she was suffering from cerebrovascular disease and polyarthritis.
The cause of death has been recorded as severe SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia, complications of acute respiratory failure and septic shock in patients with cerebrovascular accident and polyarthritis.
The 85-year-old patient from HCM City's Phú Nhuận District lived with her son who was a COVID-19 patient. She was suffering from hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
She was diagnosed with severe pneumonia by COVID-19 and was hospitalised at Củ Chi Hospital for treatment on June 7. She was then moved to HCM City Hospital for Tropical Diseases later the same day after her condition worsened. She died on June 28.
The cause of death has been recorded as severe COVID-19 pneumonia, complications of respiratory failure and septic shock in patients with hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
- India has one of the world's lowest Covid-19 mortality rates. But the numbers don't tell the whole story
- Exclusive: Why does COVID impact your heart? Leading doctor explains
- Covid-19 deaths aren't rising as fast in Europe and US, despite soaring new infections. That doesn't mean the virus is less deadly
- Life as a Covid-19 Long-Termer
- COVID deaths among young people: Diverse communities hit hardest
- Keeping them laughing until the end: Bobby Ball was still filming until weeks before his death aged 76 after positive Covid test, as co-star Lee Mack pays tribute to his 'hero' and devastated Tommy Cannon says: 'Rock on, my good friend'
- Covid-19 death rate in hospital patients 'fell by HALF' between March and June, study shows
- Covid Speed Read: India sets aside Rs 50k cr for vaccination; PPE-wearing doctors suffer side effects
- Nick Cordero Dies Of COVID-19: Broadway Actor’s Medical Crisis Was Chronicled By Wife Amanda Kloots
- More proof vitamin D cuts your risk of getting severely ill from Covid? Study finds deficiencies in the sunshine nutrient are four times more common in infected hospital patients
- New Jersey nursing home where authorities found 17 bodies sued for alleged failures during Covid-19
- Trump Admitted to 'Playing Down' COVID-19 Threat in March, Bob Woodward Claims in New Book
- How the aging immune system makes older people vulnerable to COVID-19
- Vitamin D supplements 'could keep Covid-19 patients out of intensive care' as study finds hospital patients given 1mg per week had 'significantly reduced' need for life support
- Fresno County youth in 12-17 age group becomes California’s youngest COVID fatality
- At Least 44 9/11 First Responders, Survivors Believed to Have Died From Coronavirus
- Vietnam reports no COVID-19 cases in past 12 hours
- Asbestos Removal Is a Hard Job, but Covid-19 Makes It Harder
- Obesity, diabetes raise Covid-19 death risk
- End the trauma of lone births: Covid rules are forcing thousands of mothers to endure labour without loved ones by their side - as Mail on Sunday launches campaign to stop the practice
Two more people die of COVID-related complications have 544 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.