Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam on June 19 recorded the 63rd and 64th COVID-19-related deaths , both of them are patients with underlying health conditions, according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control’s Treatment Subcommittee.
The 63rd deceased patient was a 90-year-old woman living in northern Bac Giang province who was tested positive to COVID-19 on June 12.
After developing a severe cough, shortness of breath and fatigue, she was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit at Bac Giang Mental Hospital two days later.
Despite treatment, her condition worsened and she died on June 18. Her cause of death has been recorded as severe pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, progressive respiratory failure, septic shock, multi-organ failure in a patient with a history of hypertension, diabetes and gangrene.
Meanwhile, the other patient, a 67-year-old man from Ha Trung district, Thanh Hoa province, also died as a result of COVID-19 complications .
He was being treated at Tan Trieu branch of the K Hospital for lung cancer and tested positive for the coronavirus on May 15.
The patient was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi’s Dong Anh district but responded poorly to medication and was placed on a mechanical ventilator to help him breathe on May 31.
Despite extensive treatment, the damage to his lungs was too severe and he died in the early morning of June 19.
His cause of death has been recorded as SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia, septic shock and invasive candidiasis, in a patient with stage IV left bronchial cancer. The cancer had also spread to his bones./.
- Texas high school player dies, sixth football-related death this season
- Dr. Oz: Do not vape until medical community figures out vaping-related deaths
- MLB concerns grow after Taveras’ death
- Parents of UC Santa Cruz student who plunged 18ft to his death out of a window 'after being plied with vodka and cocaine' during brutal night of hazing at Theta Chi fraternity
- Wayne Estes a magical presence at Utah State, 50 years after his death
- Police assessing Kevin Mcleod's death in Wick in 1997
- Kevin Mcleod death: New 'witness' interviewed by police
- The Latest: Belgian minister can’t confirm main suspect died
- Adrian Peterson confirms son’s death
- Ex-minor leaguer faces drug charges related to Boogaard death
- The Latest: Eagles of Death Metal: still horrified at attack
- Pistorius faces two more gun charges unrelated to girlfriend’s death
- Oscar Pistorius faces trial in shooting death of girlfriend
- ASU notes: Graham can relate to UCLA’s pain
- Another death reported at Bengals’ Paul Brown Stadium
- FIFA confirm investigations into Beckenbauer and Villar Llona
- 'No criminality' in Kevin Mcleod's death in Wick in 1997
- Reaction to the death of former UNLV coach Jerry Tarkanian
- Team confirms death of cyclist in Gent-Wevelgem race
- Family confirms QB legend Ken Stabler has passed away at 69
Two more COVID-19-related deaths confirmed have 450 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.