The event, chaired by former Deputy Chief of the General Department of Political Affairs and President of the Vietnam Martyrs’ Family Support Association Lieutenant General Le Van Han, was part of the activities to mark the 74th Wounded Soldiers’ and Martyrs’ Day.
The texting program takes place from June 1 to July 31. Mobile service subscribers can text TALS to 1405 to donate VND 20,000 to the program.
According to the organizers, since June 1, they have received 1,708 messages.
Speaking at the launch ceremony, General Han emphasized that the program aims to pay gratitude to fallen soldiers, their families, and heroic Vietnamese mothers.
All proceeds from the program will be used to conduct DNA testing for unidentified remains of martyrs, build houses and buy gifts for needy policy beneficiaries.
General Han said he hopes the program will receive active and effective support from troops and people across the country.
As reported, despite the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Vietnam Martyrs’ Family Support Association and its affiliated agencies have exerted their utmost efforts to hold gratitude activities for fallen soldiers.
Particularly, the association and its affiliated agencies built 47 houses and presented 477 saving books, 118 scholarships and more than 5,000 gifts to needy families of fallen soldiers and heroic Vietnamese mothers.
The association provided free health check-ups and medicines to more than 2,100 national contributors and cooperated with Military Region 4 to present 35 savings books to families of troops who sacrificed their lives while conducting missions in the Central region in October, 2020.
Translated by Song Anh
- Melania Trump says 'violence is never the answer' in six-minute farewell video touting her 'Be Best' campaign and urges Americans to 'rise above what divides us' despite refusing to invite Jill Biden to White House
- Full text of Modi's speech at Aero India 2015
- Soldiers will help build 80 new vaccination centres in Scotland as Army is drafted in to help with Britain’s Covid jab drive
- Congress delegates pay tribute to President Hồ Chí Minh
- Delegates to National Party Congress pay tribute to President Ho Chi Minh
- Over 50,000 youths participate in Spring Volunteer Campaign
- Putin 'has slush fund to pay for his mistresses and their families including his love child, 17', jailed Alexei Navalny claims after revealing details of Russian leader's '£1billion palace'
- Full text of Trump’s farewell speech after exit as 45th President of America
- Read Full Text of Donald Trump's Farewell Speech on Final Day of Presidency
- Veterans and leaders remember fallen in Normandy services
- Joe Biden's first act of unity: New president stands with Obama, Bush and Clinton to lay wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier after pledging to lead for all Americans
- I've got a hidden charge on my mobile phone bill - do I legally have to pay it?
- Clapping for Heroes is nice BUT a pay rise would be far better for our brave frontline workers
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 13
- 'Democracy has prevailed': Biden begins U-turn from Trump
- Joe Biden takes oath as 46th president of the United States, says 'This is America’s day...'
- The best free-to-play games for 2021
- Donald Trump says 'the movement we started is just beginning' and boasts he 'started no wars' in farewell address to the nation - and says he will 'pray' for new administration but does NOT mention Joe Biden
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 23
- Welcome to the University of WOKE! Leicester has ditched Chaucer, is 'decolonising' its syllabus and marks 'International Womxn's Week'... no wonder it's turning into a first-class failure, says GUY ADAMS
Texting campaign launched to pay gratitude to fallen soldiers have 562 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.