T he prices of rolled steel products have dropped by VND600,000 (USD26.08) per tonne, while the decrease for steel bars is VND200,000 per tonne.
Before June 7, steel products in Vietnam saw price hikes for quite a long time.
Many steelmakers in Vietnam on June 21 slashed the steel prices for the second time since June 7
Lao Dong Newspaper cited Hoang Tung from the AZ Thang Long Construction Management Board as saying that the construction sector’s falling demand was among the major causes of lower steel prices. The peak time for Vietnam's construction sector is often in the first and last three months of the year. Meanwhile, June and July are the rainy season so fewer construction sites are carried out during this time. Steel prices on the world market have tended to decline, which has also contributed to the fall in domestic steel prices. Steel prices in the domestic market increased by up to 45% in recent months. The Ministry of Industry and Trade's Industry Agency said that the input costs of the steel industry largely depended on the prices of raw materials in the global market which saw whopping increases between January and May this year. Vietnam was reliant on imported raw materials for steel production, including iron ore, scrap steel, fat coal and graphite electrodes. The agency also pointed out that the delays in shipping due to the impact of the pandemic also pushed up steel production costs.
- House prices in England fall for first time since 2012
- Coffee growers roasted as prices sink to 13-year low
- Katie Price falls up the stairs ahead of Loose Women appearance
- London house prices finally starting to stabilise after three-year slide
- London house prices starting to stabilise – report
- Half of Scottish homeowners expect values to fall post-Brexit – report
- Katie Price gets another new sofa as she continues to try and clean up her mucky mansion
- Brexit delay to boost house prices by 1.1% – adding £3,500 to the value of your home
- Katie Price finally cleans up mucky mansion as new pics show she’s got rid of rubbish and mouldy mattresses
- Brit sisters, 19 and 24, and their backpacker pal, 24, swept to their deaths during Vietnam waterfall tour
- Love Island’s Georgia Steel claims conman boyfriend has stolen her money leaving her fearing for her life
- Good morning, Vietnam! This booming frontier market is a bargain – for the brave
- Katie Price posts vid pushing son Harvey over prompting fan fury: ‘Bully’
- House prices fall by 0.1% month-on-month in February
- Will there be a minimum price on carbon in Germany? And how?
- Butter prices go into meltdown
- Property prices fall for the third month in a row as demand eases
- The sudden end to a seven-year Cambridgeshire house prices trend
- UK hedge fund takes €58m punt on Paddy Power's share price falling
- Northern Ireland house price rise biggest in UK
Steel prices in Vietnam continue falling have 474 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.