Bac Ninh (VNS/VNA) — Son Ha Development Of Renewable Energy Joint Stock Company, a member of Son Ha Group , on the weekend inaugurated its EVgo electric vehicle production plant in the northern province of Bac Ninh , Thuan Thanh II Industrial Park.
The move is part of the firm’s "greening" strategy of production and business to complete the group's ecosystem.
Speaking at the ceremony, Dinh Duc Tuan, the plant's director, said the plant aimed to bring solutions to replace motorbikes to serve Vietnamese consumers, promote the green transport revolution and respond to the environmental protection movement in Vietnam.
In the next 5-10 years, Son Ha hopes to become one of the three largest electric vehicle manufacturers, assemblers and suppliers in Vietnam, accounting for 10-20 percent of the domestic two-wheeler market share (about 300,000 – 600,000 vehicles a year). It also aims to make the product a well-known and popular Vietnamese brand.
In the first phase, the plant will have a capacity of 20,000-30,000 vehicles a year, focusing on building the domestic electric motorcycle business and service network. In the second phase, the factory will continue to research and work with foreign partners to produce electric cars for the domestic market and export.
Do Thanh Tam, Son Ha Group's deputy general director, said being the leader in the renewable energy sector and aiming to help build a green economy, they have paid attention to the investment, research and development of electric vehicles, which are considered a useful solution to the balance between economic benefits and environmental protection.
"EVgo is not only a smart, convenient and friendly vehicle, but also reasonably priced with a long-term customer care policy and a nationwide warranty network", he said.
Andre Maurice de Jong, director of Two-wheeled and Electric Scooter Industry in Southeast Asian region of Bosch Group (Germany), said the co-operation between Son Ha and Bosch would be an important step forward for both sides to introduce sustainable, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility solutions to the domestic market.
In August, Son Ha worked with Bosch – one of leading groups in the world to provide technology solutions and equipment for electric vehicles, to develop technology for EVgo electric motorcycle production, researched and produced by Son Ha.
The EVgo electric vehicle was introduced to the market in two versions, EVgo C (battery) and EVgo D (electric)./.
- Volkswagen plans 22 million electric vehicles in ten years
- A long-awaited battery that would cut electric-vehicle costs may finally be close
- Indonesia plans new electric car production, due 2022
- Tata JLR unveils major electric car investment plans for UK
- Tariff War Casualty? America’s Largest Car Exporter Shifts Some Production to China
- Waymo Calls On NHTSA To Scrap Standards For Autonomous Vehicle
- RPT-FOCUS-VW ramps up China electric car factories, taking aim at Tesla
- BMW Announces New Battery Assembly Plant in Thailand
- BMW Spartanburg Plant doubles battery production capacity
- 40 Tata Ultra Electric Buses Delivered To The Jammu & Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation
- Tesla's Ramping Up Production But Being Careful About Promises
- Volkswagen plans to make 50 million electric cars, CEO says
- Audi begins building E-Tron electric motors in Hungary
- Vingroup sets up non-profit electric bus subsidiary
- BMW Electric Cars Will Be Free of Rare Earths from 2020 on
- GM Begins Closing 78-Year-Old Michigan Plant, Laying Off 335 American Workers
- FCA to invest $788 million for new 500 EV production
- Gulf Group launches two solar projects in Vietnam
- Experiencing local life in Lang Son
- Tesla signs deal with Chinese authorities for auto plant in Shanghai, its first factory outside the U.S.
Son Ha Group inaugurates EVgo electric vehicle production plant in Bac Ninh have 590 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 4, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.