SABECO signs agreement with VFF, VTVCab Sport becomes the official supporting partner of national football
Under a new agreement with the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) and VTVCab Sport Development JSC, the group's (SABECO) Bia Saigon will be the exclusive sponsor from the beer industry for the Vietnamese national football team, which includes the women's national team and men's under-22, under-23, and Olympic team, accompanying the teams at national and international competitions towards June 2022.
"As a brand that was born and bred in this country in 1875, there is a natural affinity between Bia Saigon and the Vietnamese national football teams," said Bennett Neo, general director of SABECO. "We are proud to support the national football teams in their journey towards greater success and share their goal of bringing glory to the country."
Meanwhile, Le Hoai Anh, general secretary of the VFF said, "We are happy to partner with such a prominent Vietnamese brand such as Bia Saigon. This partnership will bring further support to, and motivation for, our players and help in the development of Vietnamese football as a whole."
Beyond the game
Football has been able to contribute to building a peaceful and better world by educating youth through sport in a competitive spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity, and fair play.
Over the last few years, the Vietnamese national football team has seen tremendous success in various international competitions, leading it to become a source of national pride for many Vietnamese. Last week, the team qualified for the third round of Asia's FIFA World Cup qualifying section for the first time in history.
"This campaign saw the emergence of Vietnam, who made history by sealing maiden progression into the third round. Having reached the last eight at 2019 AFC Asian Cup, the team continues to make progress on the continental stage under coach Park Hang-seo," stated a FIFA report.
The proud achievements of the Vietnamese are also the belief for Bia Saigon, a beer brand with more than 145 years of history, to constantly cheer and support the next generations on the path they have chosen.
With a commitment to bring pride to Vietnam, SABECO believes that the company’s brand messages and strategies, especially brands like Bia Saigon, should reflect the reality of the country as well as promote the rise of Vietnam.
"By sponsoring the Vietnamese national football team, which has been a symbol of Vietnam's rise on the global stage for many, SABECO continues to contribute and promote the country's development as we have done throughout our history," added Neo. "Further, it also allows us to enhance our position as a leading Vietnamese brand not only locally but also internationally."
SABECO was previously a sponsor of the Vietnamese delegation to the 30th Southeast Asian Games (SEAGames) in 2019. It has also sponsored various local sporting events such as the 2020 Tien Phong Marathon National Championship and annual Ooc Om Boc Festival, as well as international events including being an official domestic supporter of the 2018 AFF Suzuki Cup in Vietnam.
SABECO also became the first Vietnamese company to become associated with the English Premier League when its Bia Sai Gon brand became Leicester City's official sleeve sponsor in 2018.
Sports sponsorships have always been a key part of SABECO's 4C sustainable development strategy under its 'country' pillar and its support of, and association with, sports reflect its corporate values.
SABECO has established itself as one of Vietnam's leading companies. It includes 26 breweries and 10 trading subsidiaries and has thousands of distribution points nationwide. It offers a brand portfolio that consists of some of the most well-loved beer brands in Vietnam, including Bia 333, Bia Saigon Special, Bia Saigon Export, Bia Saigon Lager, Bia Saigon Chill, Bia Lac Viet, Bia Saigon Gold, and Bia 333.
With a commitment to investing in business development along with sustainable development, SABECO is striving to create positive changes to enhance the position of the Vietnamese brand, while promoting positive development for the community and Vietnam.
By Nguyen Thu
- Feature: Small town scores big with football focus in schools
- Atalanta, Big Cup and a beacon of hope
- Footballers too young to receive their man of the match champagne
- Football stars who are retiring this summer include Schurrle, Baros, Gomez, Baines and El-Hadary aged 47
- Alfredo Morelos: Steven Gerrard says Rangers striker focused on Europa League tie
- Who makes our Football League teams of the season for 2018-19?
- Fantasy football tips: Players to sign for your FPL team for gameweek 31+
- Andy Walker: Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard can star for a club as big as Manchester United
- Juventus 2-1 Lyon (Agg 2-2): Cristiano Ronaldo scores double in vein as Lyon progress on away goals
- Who makes our Football League teams of the season for 2019-20?
- Silk and steel: how Thomas Frank gave Brentford reason to dream big
- Football transfer rumours: Watford captain Troy Deeney to Tottenham?
- Solskjær needs more than Jadon Sancho to challenge for the big prizes
- Hulk is bodybuilder footballer who ditched his wife to be with her gorgeous niece and now wants Premier League transfer
- Sergio Aguero is Manchester City's player for the big moment in the big games - Chelsea are right to be wary
- Football transfer rumours: who could be on their way out at Juventus?
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scores twice against Chelsea as Arsenal come from behind to win FA Cup
- Istanbul Basaksehir: Turkey's new football champions with strong Erdogan links
- Man Utd 2 LASK 1 (agg 7-1): Lingard and Martial spare sloppy Utd’s blushes to set up quarter-final tie vs FC Copenhagen
- LASK 0 Manchester United 5: Ighalo stunner, Daniel James and Mata all-but seal tie inside empty stadium
SABECO scores big with football tie-up have 953 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.