Hanoi (VNA) – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc has praised press agencies and journalists for their hard work and contributions to the fight against COVID-19 pandemic on the occasion of the 96th Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day (June 21).
In an interview granted to the press, the President stressed that since the COVID-19 pandemic broke out in Vietnam, leaders of the Party, State and people across the country have realized the important and indispensable role of the press in the fight against COVID-19 .
Reporters and cameramen of many press agencies have accurately and quickly conveyed the directions and decisions of the Party and State on disease prevention and control. They have accepted risks to work in the frontline of the combat against the pandemic, such as pandemic hot spots like Da Nang, Hai Duong, Bac Giang, Bac Ninh and Ho Chi Minh City, border areas, and medical quarantine areas, so as to promptly reflect the pandemic situation, he said.
The President emphasized that journalists have made their utmost efforts and braved great difficulties to work side by side with COVID-19 prevention and control forces.
Their works have served as a source of encouragement to Party committees, local authorities, and people in pandemic-hit area, helping increase their confidence in the Party and State's leadership to repel the pandemic and restore business and production.
He took the occasion to congratulate and highly appreciated reporters, editors and cameramen at press agencies nationwide in the past time, affirming that that they have contributed to embellishing the tradition of the Vietnamese revolutionary press founded and trained by President Ho Chi Minh./.
- Biden accuses Trump of 'clear-cut corruption' for asking Ukraine's president EIGHT TIMES to investigate his son Hunter, as former VP calls for 'immediate release of call transcript' between the two leaders
- Sudan's President Bashir forced out in military coup
- GDP reviews press and publishing activities
- CRAIG BROWN: Katie Price joins Thongs Of Praise!... and other News You Missed on Holiday (Part 2)
- Indian scholars: President’s visit adds impetus to Vietnam-India ties
- Laura Ellen and Robert Muglia Family Foundation Make Transformative Gift to Episcopal Relief & Development to Combat Violence Against Women and Girls
- Trump says Egyptian President doing a 'great job' despite human rights abuse claims
- PM praises stronger economic relations between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia
- Trump praises criminal justice reform in speech at historically black college — live updates
- 'He's morally unfit to be President': Comey annihilates Trump in TV interview saying he 'lies constantly', 'treats women like pieces of meat' and IS 'possibly compromised by Russia'
- EU agencies, service providers take down IS propaganda
- US slides down global press freedom rankings amid warning of 'climate of fear' for journalists
- French President Macron defends ‘wake-up call’ for NATO after talks with chief
- President Trump Launches 2020 Campaign At Orlando Rally
- President Donald Trump May Be Coming To Miami As He Kicks Off Second Presidential Run In Orlando
- 'It is time for Donald Trump to go': Robert Redford launches furious attack on 'dictator-like' president saying he threatens 'everything this country stands for'
- Iraq crisis: Obama announces increase in US military aid to combat Isis surge – live
- I’m running for president to defeat Trump ― Bloomberg
- PIERS MORGAN: Grating Greta's a vulnerable young drama queen who should go back to school, but President Trump must stop mocking her and start listening - because she's right about climate change
- 'We're no longer the suckers': Trump to US troops during 1st visit to combat zone
President praises press agencies’ contributions to COVID-19 combat have 589 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.