The move will see the domestic vaccine, developed by Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC, tested on approximately 13,000 volunteers over the age of 18 in localities nationwide, including Hanoi, Hung Yen, Long An, and Tien Giang.
It comes hot on the heels of the positive results recorded in the previous two trials which proved the overall effectiveness of the vaccine.
The Military Medical University in Hanoi, along with the Ho Chi Minh City Pasteur Institute and health authorities of Hung Yen, Long An and Tien Giang provinces will help to administer the vaccine doses in volunteers and monitor their reactions.
A total of 219 volunteers have been given a Nano Covax shot at the Military Medical University. They were divided into two groups, with one group injected with a placebo and another group administered with 25mcg dose of the vaccine.
So far, 6,000 volunteers have registered to participate in the third stage, and the oldest person is 83 years old.
Previously a total of 560 volunteers were administered with 25mcg, 50mcg, and 75mcg doses of the vaccine during the second phase of trials. The initial assessment indicated that the Navo Covax vaccine is "relatively safe".
The vaccine has proved to be effective against mutated variants identified in the UK and South Africa, and scientists are now keen to assess their effectiveness against the Indian variant in the third phase.
In the event that the virus spreads very quickly across the nation, then the vaccine manufacturer will make a proposal to the Ministry of Health to launch the product in early 2022.
- NIH launches early trial for universal influenza vaccine
- GSK seeks approval for prototype malaria vaccine
- Colorado State-based researchers push closer to universal flu vaccine
- BiondVax edges closer to elusive universal flu vaccine
- Colorectal cancer vaccine could prevent tumors in highest risk people
- Bioterror fears over Marburg virus, Ebola's deadlier 'cousin', as US begins $10m vaccine project
- Report: CDC Age Boost Opens 80 Million to HPV Vaccine
- Kitsap County's new prosecutor is homegrown
- Report: Sudden Cardiac Deaths in Children Linked to Vaccines
- Italy's anti-vaccine push could spread around the world
Phase 3 human trials of homegrown Nano Covax vaccine approved have 334 words, post on vov.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.