The National Assembly (NA) Standing Committee on June 14 morning convened its 57th meeting under the chair of NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue chairs the NA Standing Committee’s 57th meeting on June 14.
The meeting is slated to review the National Election Council (NEC)'s preliminary report on the outcomes of the elections of deputies to the 15th NA and all-level People's Councils for the 2021-2026 tenure and discussed the preparations for the first sitting of the 15th NA slated for July 20.
The NA Standing Committee members are also scheduled to contribute opinions for the finalization of reports on the implementation of socio-economic, financial and State budget goals in the first half of 2021 and measures for the accomplishments of the goals in the remaining months.
Following a report delivered by the NA General Secretary and chief of the NEC Office summing up the outcomes of the elections, Chairman of the NA's Committee for Ethnic Affairs Ha Ngoc Chien welcomed the results of the elections which saw a high rate of elected ethnic minority deputies. Notably, for the first time the 15th NA has representatives from Lu and Brau ethnic minority groups, which have very small populations, Chien said.
Chairwoman Nguyen Thuy Anh of the NA's Committee for Social Affairs, meanwhile, took note of the record ratio of women in the 15th NA, which exceeds 30 percent of the total. This enables Vietnam to climb 20 places to rank 51st globally in the proportion of women parliamentarians, she said.
The country also rose to the fourth place from the ninth in Asia, and the first from the fourth among the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly member states in the relevant rankings, she noted, adding that it is such a considerable improvement which should be added to the report.
During the two-day meeting, the NA Standing Committee will also ratify the appointment of a new ambassador to Cambodia./. VNA
- Who’s who: CFB Playoff committee
- MLB owners convene to try to elect new commissioner
- Forward Pass: OSU has its QB, but will playoff committee buy Buckeyes as nation’s best?
- The Latest: Sheikh Salman calls for FIFA ExCo meeting
- NFL owners’ meetings could yield progress in L.A. relocation
- This week’s NFL owners meetings again to touch on LA
- FIFA ethics committee to reveal new investigations
- Platini’s UEFA backing on the line as European nations meet
- Michel Platini’s UEFA backing on the line as European nations meet
- ACC spring meetings reveal intriguing changes, future plans
- Blatter forgoes re-election, is off International Olympic Committee
- UEFA general secretary Infantino will stand for FIFA presidency
- US lawyer Michael Garcia quits as head of FIFA’s ethics committee
- UEFA leaders demand answers on Platini payment at meeting
- Big 12 notebook: Title could come down to last QB standing
- San Diego mayor, Chargers chairman meet to talk stadium plans
- San Diego mayor, Chargers owner meet to talk stadium plans
- Vikings host NFL Super Bowl committee
- Bills stadium group meets with sense of urgency
- Big 12 meetings: Day 1 notebook
NA Standing Committee convenes 57th meeting have 492 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.