Hanoi (VNA) – Another batch of 'thieu' lychee from the northern province of Hai Duong will be shipped to France this week thanks to swift consumption of the fruit in the European country .
As the French side decided to speed up import procedures ahead of schedule to meet local demand, two batches containing nearly 1 tonne of lychees each have been flown to France within just one week.
Labelled with Vietnam's itrace247 origin tracing stamp, the first batch was shipped thanks to trade promotion efforts by the Vietnam Trade Office in France and the Trade Promotion Agency (Viettrade) at the Ministry of Industry and Trade, following a series of business matching sessions involving Hai Duong lychees.
Vu Anh Son, head of the office, said that France consumers attach importance to food origin labels to ensure quality and responsibilities of growers and distributors.
The shipment of the fruit demonstrates a strategic and responsible export policy of the Vietnamese Government, he noted.
On June 12, an about-1-tonne batch of 'thieu' lychee grown in Hai Duong arrived at the Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport in France. It was available at the prestigious Asia supermarket chain in Paris and strongly favoured by local consumers.
Before the arrival of the batch, the Vietnamese fruit was imported in a small amount and made almost no appearance at big local shopping malls.
To further promote the consumption of Vietnamese lychees in France, the trade office and the Embassy of Vietnam will set up a booth dedicated to the fruit at the 2021 Vietnamese Food Festival, which is slated for June 19 in downtown Paris.
Viettrade and the trade office in France are seeking more import partners and firms in Vietnam meeting requirements of the European market, in an endeavour to bolster export of agricultural products at large and lychees in particular, thereby optimising advantages from the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement./.
- Egan Bernal All but Secures Tour de France Win
- US, Others Criticize New Vietnamese Internet Law
- When the Tour de France finishes, the outcome will be familiar
- Report: Chinese Groups Behind Most State-Sponsored Attacks in 2014
- Liar, liar, pants on fire!
- Overcoming the GMO Lies
- Salute Your Military Forebears
- A Look At New Orleans' New Food Groove
- Perfect Couple
- Space Needle Flies French Flag To Support Paris
- Why Argentina needs to get the import-export balance right
- Inter Milan agree terms with Manchester United's Alexis Sanchez
- Euro papers: Barcelona to hold last-ditch Neymar talks with PSG
- Typhoon Hagibis spins Japan’s Rugby World Cup into chaos
- This week in games: Free Ubisoft games galore, a new Age of Empires 2 expansion, and more
- ESPN Uses Illegal Communist Map of ‘China’ in NBA Report
- Students pitch software ideas to Gates
- 'Tis the season for some new WNBA all-stars
- Pogba, Lukaku named in Man United tour squad
- England women's Super Series hopes halted by New Zealand
More Vietnamese lychees to be flown to France have 490 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.