Addressing the event, Lieutenant General Vu Chien Thang, Director of the MND's Foreign Relations Department, highlighted that amid the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic in both countries, the Vietnamese MND presented medical supplies to the Lao Defense Ministry to help the Lao people and armed forces in the fight against the disease.
The support demonstrated the special solidarity between Vietnam and Laos.
According to General Thang, the Vietnamese side would like to join hands with Laos to combat the pandemic, contributing to bringing people’s lives back to normal and developing the economy.
For his part, the Lao ambassador to Vietnam Sengphet Houngboungnuang emphasized that since the pandemic broke out in Laos, the Vietnamese MND has wholeheartedly assisted the Lao armed forces in the fight against COVID-19 by sending experts and supporting medical equipment and supplies.
These activities have made contributions to the COVID-19 prevention and control efforts in Laos while further promoting the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two Parties, States, peoples, and militaries, the Lao diplomat added.
The Lao ambassador also took this occasion to express his sincere thanks to the Vietnamese side, affirming that the support would help them effectively prevent and control the pandemic in Laos.
During the ceremony, on behalf of the Vietnamese MND leaders, General Thang presented part of the anti-COVID-19 medical supply aid to Ambassador Sengphet Houngboungnuang.
The MND's Foreign Relations Department will hand over the medical supplies to the Lao armed forces at the Lao Bao International Border Post in Lao Cai province on June 20.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Brooklyn medical supply store manager fights off armed robber who bashed her over the head with his gun
- All New Power 88 and Armed Forces Chamber holds Back To School Drive Saturday, August 11
- Walmart gives back to local Armed Forces members
- U.S. military officially lifts ban on transgender individuals serving in armed forces
- Singapore armed forces going more hi-tech as recruiting levels seen sliding
- Wisconsin is going on the road to recruit military members leaving the Armed Forces for thousands of job openings here
- Armed Forces Service Center serves our military at MIA
- Iraqi armed forces announce progress in Mosul campaign, say district north of old city captured
- Survivors Recount Horror of Laos Dam Collapse
- Iraq Withdrawal? Obama and Clinton Expanding US Paramilitary Force in Iraq
- Pence Advances Plan to Create a Space Force
- Tinker Air Force Base
- Yemen blood bank may be forced to shut due to lack of funds
- Activists ask Blazers to cut ties with Portland company that supplies Israeli forces
- Activists ask Trail Blazers to cut ties with Portland company that supplies Israeli forces
- Venezuela’s Capital Is Running Out of Water as Hospitals Forced to Cancel Operations
- Trump's first Medal of Honor recipient is Vietnam medic James McCloughan
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
- Medical Design & Manufacturing Minneapolis To Debut New Medtech Manufacturing Conference Track
- Why this paralyzed Air Force major and former bodybuilder needs your help
More medical supplies presented to Lao armed forces have 482 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.