BÌNH PHƯỚC – A memorial complex to commemorate Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen’s journey to rescue his country from the genocidal Pol Pot regime was inaugurated yesterday in the southern province of Bình Phước.
Cambodian Deputy PM and Minister of Defence Tea Banh and Vietnamese Minister of Defence Phan Văn Giang attended the event with delegations from both countries.
According to the Chairman of Bình Phước People’s Committee Trần Tuệ Hiền, the complex will commemorate important events and landmarks where PM Hun Sen first met Vietnamese militia and people in 1977 and with their help started a campaign to overthrow the genocidal regime of Pol Pot, saving millions of Cambodian lives.
Construction of the complex started in May this year. Roads and other infrastructure leading to the complex also received an upgrade, which will boost trade and transportation on both sides of the border.
The complex, which includes an exhibition centre on PM Hun Sen’s campaign, will serve as a symbol of Việt Nam-Cambodia friendship and a monument to sacrifices made by both countries in the fight against Pol Pot’s regime to save the people of Cambodia. – VNS
- Due to cold, Salvation Army opening emergency shelters
- ‘Weeeee!’ Some national parks open to visitors after a record 35 days without funding
- Welcome Back: Some National Parks Open To Visitors Post-Shutdown
- 'Weeeee!' Some national parks open to visitors post-shutdown
- Nation honors 41st president
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation Council House renovation complete
- KC-area restaurant, grocery & brewery updates for Jan.: What’s coming, open, closed
- Some national parks open to visitors post-shutdown
- West 7th-area openings, closings dominate this look back at December restaurant news
- A 2,000-mile journey in the shadow of the border wall
- Union Terminal: The grand opening 85 years in the making
- New Wanderer Memory Trail Honors Survivors of One of Last Slave Ships to Land in U.S.
- New immigration services office opens in Nashville
- Tubby Smith continues his basketball journey at High Point
- Sean Brock to Open an Ambitious Appalachian-Inspired Restaurant in East Nashville
- National veterans' museum marks Veterans Day with free panel
- Nation to observe special honor for George H.W. Bush, one usually reserved for presidents
- Fan favorite Yen Ching restaurant in Orange to be razed for a 35-unit memory care home
- Memorial Day — Illinois man finds solace with O.C. family of fallen comrade
- National Philanthropy Day 2018: Volunteer opportunities abound at O.C. nonprofits
Memorial complex dedicated to Cambodian PM's national salvation journey opens have 426 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.