In an interview with the Vietnam News Agency (VNA), Long said the pandemic has been basically controlled in almost all localities. However, the northern provinces of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang should work harder to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Noting that the COVID-19 situation in Bac Giang is developing complicatedly as infections are mostly workers in industrial parks, he lauded the province's efforts in COVID-19 testing with more than 200,000 samples tested.
Meanwhile, its neighboring province of Bac Ninh is facing a high risk, the minister said, expressing his hope that with current effective measures, Bac Ninh will well control the situation soon.
Explaining the reason why a massive social distancing has not been applied despite a rise in the number of COVID-19 infections, Long said that the policy will be applied with reasonable scales and methods to ensure the prevention of the pandemic from spreading and avoid affecting socio-economic activities of the localities and people's lives.
It is the responsibility of local administrations to evaluate the pandemic situation in their localities to make a proper decision, he stressed.
Underscoring the significance of COVID-19 testing, Long said that this time, testing on a large scale is being carried out using more kinds of bio products for faster results.
The Ministry of Health encourages domestic producers of biological products to continue increasing their production, while boosting imports to ensure enough supply for testing, he said.
The minister affirmed that the approach to and methods of conducting COVID-19 testing have been changed to improve the capacity in the field for better pandemic prevention and control.
- Benidorm mayor vows Brits WON’T be forced to sunbathe inside plastic cubes to enforce social distancing after lockdown
- Brazil may face 'economic collapse' over coronavirus lockdown: minister
- Lockdown could be needlessly prolonged because of ministers' obsession with 'irrelevant' R-value infection rate measure that is skewed by care home crisis, MPs and scientists warn
- Britain's class war: Liverpool becomes first English city to say it WON'T reopen schools on June 1
- Doctors say it is too risky for schools to open on June 1 while children's tsar urges unions and ministers to 'stop squabbling' and get pupils back to the classroom as soon as possible
- Brazil health minister resigns amid coronavirus crisis
- 'We cannot afford to wait for a vaccine which may never arrive': Children's tsar warns unions and ministers to 'stop squabbling' in reopening row as Hartlepool joins Liverpool in REFUSING to restart classes on June 1 and doctors warn it's too risky
- Brazil is facing 'economic collapse' due to its coronavirus lockdown - opposed by President Bolsonaro - economy minister warns
- Coronavirus live updates: British Prime Minister details plans for next phase of COVID-19 containment
- This is how Bali escaped being virus hot spot with local traditions
- Thousands queue for HOURS at dumps in Birmingham after city's recycling centre lockdown was lifted as almost half of all councils plan to reopen tips by the end of NEXT week
- Invoking Cossack resistance, Ukrainian mayor defies lockdown measures
- Post-lockdown, defence PSUs to work in three shifts, six days a week
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 9
- Expansion debate rumbles on amid hush over Britain’s biggest airports
- Dharavi remoulded for better access
- 17,000 prisoners in state granted temporary parole following COVID-19 spread at Arthur Road Jail
- Coronavirus: Italy announces plan to reopen for tourists as European travel bubble launches
- Head teachers union breaks ranks and tells members getting back in the classroom is no more dangerous than any other profession amid revolt from council leaders over reopening plan
- Employees could spend four days working in the office and then ten from home under new 'cyclical' proposal to beat coronavirus while kick-starting UK economy
Localities authorized to decide on social distancing: Minister have 604 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.