Large-cap stocks drive VN-Index higher
The Saigon Times
|An electronic board shows stock prices at a securities firm in HCMC. The benchmark VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange rose by 0.74% on June 14 – PHOTO: THANH HOA|
HCMC – Good performance of many largecaps pushed the VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange up 0.74%, or 9.98 points, at 1,361.72 today, June 14.
At the close, the market breadth was positive with 202 gainers and 184 decliners. Trade volume totaled 775.7 million shares worth VND25.3 trillion changing hands, up 5.9% in volume and 6.6% in value from the previous session.
There were over 60.1 million shares valued at VND2.1 trillion traded in block deals.
Among key drivers of the main index, insurer BVH jumped by 4.7%, while gas firm GAS, housing firm VHM, fuel distributor PLX and property firm VIC maintained their growth momentum.
Many securities stocks, including SSI, AGR, APG, BSI and CTS, reported a strong rise of over 5%, contributing to the gain of the main index.
In the group of speculative stocks, agricultural company HNG soared by 3.9% at the close and reported a matching volume of 29.6 million shares, while construction firm ROS and property developer FLC lost ground.
Many bank stocks such as BID, CTG, VCB, VPB, MBB and MSB ended in the red, but lender VPB was the most actively traded stock on the southern bourse with over 36 million shares changing hands.
With 117 winners and 97 losers, the HNX-Index of the Hanoi Stock Exchange advanced 2.32 points, or 0.73%, from the session earlier, at 319.01. Over 165 million shares worth VND3.9 trillion were traded at the close.
Lender SHB lost steam, but took the lead on the northern bourse by liquidity with over 19 million shares traded.
Petroleum stock PVS and securities firm SHS also attracted cash flow and finished the session up.
- VN-Index plunges with last minute selling-spree
- VN-Index shows marginal climb
- VN-Index shoots up nearly 23 points
- VN-Index climbs as foreign investors net purchase
- VN-Index gains nearly 23 points, liquidity still low
- DAILY VOICE | About two-thirds of the mid-cap stocks are still relatively undervalued: Dr. Joseph Thomas of Emkay Wealth
- Where AMCs invested in June – 15 large, mid & small cap stocks on the buy list
- 5 Large-Cap Index Funds That Don't Track the S&P 500
- How Big Can a Small-Cap Stock Be? And Other Topics
- Market surges on pillar stocks
- Securities firms cautious on directionless stock market
- Overheated stock market poses risks for Vietnam long-term growth: Experts
- large & mid cap funds 2021: Best large & mid cap mutual funds to invest in 2021
- DAILY VOICE | Private banks, insurance, FMCG among sectors that are likely to drive market: Rusmik Oza of Kotak Securities
- Small But Mighty: Small-Caps Outperform
- Better Buy: Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index ETF vs Technology Select SPDR Fund
- Caution! 'Mid and small-cap indices near overbought levels'
- 25 stocks from top 5 PMS schemes outperformed Nifty in June, worth a look?
- Kunal Bothra's 3 stock picks for this week
- Resilient Run: Stocks On 3-Day Win Streak, Powered By Solid Earnings Across Sectors
Large-cap stocks drive VN-Index higher have 463 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.