Vientiane (VNA) – All people entering Laos, even those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, still have to follow preventive measures and quarantine for 14 days, announced the country's Ministry of Health.
Director General of the Department of Hygiene and Health Promotion under the Lao Ministry of Health , Phonepaseuth Ounaphom, said that as the World Health Organisation (WHO) has not given any recommendations on reducing quarantine time, the country will continue to apply WHO's current guidelines.
It means that Laos has not considered the implementation of the "vaccine passport".
Meanwhile, people having received two COVID-19 vaccine shots in the country for at least one month are allowed to travel from Vientiane capital to other localities without a two-week quarantine.
According to the Health Ministry, Laos reported 13 new COVID-19 cases on June 18, including seven domestic ones detected in the capital city.
The national count reached 2,047, with three fatalities./.
- Anti-rabies vaccines will be procured within a month, says health ministry
- Rwanda: Health Ministry to Increase Clinical Trials
- Health ministry registers over 100 cases of measles
- Health ministry to reduce waste, improve procurement
- Data show no 'cancer villages': Health Ministry
- Health ministry kicks off cervical cancer vaccination in Dar region
- Former health ministry approved Hokkaido request to sterilize foreign national in 1960
- Vietnam’s health ministry launches campaign to prevent Zika disease
- 112.ua: Another 800,000 vaccines against measles arrive in Ukraine
- Cyprus vaccination timetable is lagging
- Nigeria: Only 1 in 4 Nigerian Children Receive Recommended Vaccines
- Nigeria: What Govt Must Do to End Health Workers Strike
- How patient groups could help tackle 'fake news' on vaccination
- MEP: Vaccination is a lifelong process, not only for children
- How Italy’s scientific community joined forces and shaped national vaccination plan
- Vietnam calls for more Japan’s aid to health sector
- Minister urges parents to ensure every child is vaccinated
- Post- vaccination cases in Vietnam fewer than WHO’s warning
- Health Minister Encourages Other Islands to Replicate ‘Jamaica Moves’ Campaign
- Health insurance coverage to surpass 79 percent at year’s end
Laos has yet to apply “vaccine passport”: Health Ministry have 332 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.