Arif Widjaja, general director of Japfa Vietnam said, "We highly appreciate the initiative to establish the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund of the Vietnamese government with a view to offering vaccination to at least three-fourths of the population. With the commitment to doing sustainable business, we go hand in hand with Vietnam during these hard times to overcome the pandemic."
|Japfa Vietnam hands over $1 million to the C OVID-19 Vaccine Fund|
"Since the outbreak of the pandemic, Vietnam has always been among the few countries successfully containing the pandemic. Considering the open immunisation strategy for the people, the decisive leadership of the government, and the solidarity and unity of the people and businesses, I believe that Vietnam will contain the spread of the pandemic and continue its high economic recovery momentum," he added.
At the donation ceremony, Do Van Chien, Secretary of the Party Central Committee and president of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee, highly appreciated Japfa’s contribution. He also affirmed that the VFF would allocate the money for the right purposes, with practical efficiency. The money will be used to buy vaccines to serve the people with free vaccinations, especially for the workers, the poor, the disadvantaged, and people in remote areas.
|Do Van Chien, president of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee, lauded Japfa Vietnam’s contribution|
As part of Japfa Vietnam's corporate social responsibility commitment, since the outbreak of COVID-19, the company has committed many practical and timely activities to support farmers and areas hit hard by the pandemic.
|With a staff of over 5,500 skilled employees, Japfa is expanding business step by step, contributing to the sustainable development of Vietnam's animal husbandry industry.|
Specifically, Japfa Vietnam has donated three tonnes of chicken, 650kg of pork, and 81,200 chicken eggs worth nearly VND450 million($19,560) to those fighting the pandemic at the front lines and needy people nationwide.
Particularly, in the context of social distancing in Ho Chi Minh City, the Japfa Best brand of Japfa Vietnam has received orders and offered home delivery service via Now and Grab apps to help customers restricted from going out for shopping, thus preventing the spread of the pandemic.
Apart from its community support activities, the company has strictly observed pandemic prevention and control measures at its factories, farms and offices to protect the health of labourers and at the same time ensure stable production and business as planned.
Given the complicated developments of COVID-19, the company has disinfected its workplaces and asked all workers to wear facemasks, wash their hands, and have their body temperature measured before entering the workplace.
|Japfa Vietnam currently operates six high-tech animal feed production factories in the country|
Japfa has entered Vietnam in 1996, then as a joint venture with Vietnam Livestock Corporation. In 1999, Japfa became a wholly foreign-invested company and was named Japfa Comfeed Vietnam Co., Ltd., with a head office situated in Huong Canh town, Binh Xuyen district, Vinh Phuc province.
Currently, the company operates six animal feed production factories, over 300 livestock breeding farms, and some 40 shops selling meat and processed foods under the Japfa Best brand. With a staff of over 5,500 skilled employees, Japfa is expanding business step by step, contributing to the sustainable development of Vietnam's animal husbandry industry.
By Minh Hai
- Vietnam to have Covid-19 vaccine by June as soonest: Acting Health Minister
- EU, CureVac in advanced talks for 225 million COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Mexico needs 200 million COVID-19 vaccine doses; shots could start in April
- Vietnam has not finalized the purchase of Covid-19 vaccine from Russia
- Vietnam yet to purchase Russian COVID-19 vaccine
- US Makes Deal with Biotech Company for 100 Million Doses of Potential COVID-19 Vaccine
- US Skeptical about Russian Claim of Effective COVID-19 Vaccine
- US Company to Begin Second Phase of Human Trials in South Africa for COVID-19 Vaccine
- Early COVID-19 Vaccine Data Positive, But 'Unimpressive'
- Australia Reaches Deal to Secure Millions of Doses of Potential COVID-19 Vaccine
- WHO Official Urges Equitable Distribution of COVID-19 Vaccine in Africa
- Vietnam, UK working on fair, equitable access to COVID-19 vaccine: diplomat
- People in the UK 'will be first' to get Oxford University's Covid-19 vaccine, Number 10 says amid claims Donald Trump will 'fast-track' the jab to make progress in US's crisis before the presidential election
- Why does Vietnam have many Covid-19-related deaths in the second wave of Covid-19?
- China promises to prioritize Mekong nations for Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnamese COVID-19 vaccine set for human trials in October
- Vietnam reports 23rd COVID-19-related death, 20 new cases
- Made-in-Vietnam COVID-19 vaccine set for human trials in October
- Explainer: World Health Organization’s struggle for a global Covid-19 vaccine plan
- Vietnam to buy Russian Covid-19 vaccine
Japfa Vietnam donates $1 million to COVID-19 Vaccine Fund have 759 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.