Speaking at a conference on June 15, BIN Spokesperson Wawan Hari Purwanto said that COVID-19 pandemic has threatened the safety of a larger community, worsening economic crisis, affecting healthcare and education facilities and increasing unemployment.
Meanwhile, secessionist activities in Papua are one of the factors leading to a risk of national disintegration, he said.
Purwanto also mentioned social network scams, especially those related to ethnic, religious and race issues. He underlined that the spreading of news related to sensitive issues on social networks will pose widespread impacts.
Cyber attack was also named as one of the national threats of Indonesia. According to Purwanto, Indonesia n people's knowledge of cybersecurity should be improved. Cyber attacks may hinder the digitalisation process of the economy and caused public pessimism about the industry 4.0 programme that has been optimised by the government.
Purwanto affirmed that BIN, as the frontline force of the national security system, will continue to work for the early detection and early prevention of national security threats./.
- Indonesia keen on stronger Viet Nam ties
- The case of the century, a turning point in the East Sea - Part 2
- ASEAN dialogue discussed tribunal ruling on East Sea dispute
- To effectively issue e-visas to foreign visitors
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 21/8
- Vietnam’s cement industry gearing towards sustainability
- ASEAN dialogue discussed tribunal ruling on East Sea dispute - Defend the sovereignty - News
- Bản in : FM: Towards a united, strong and open ASEAN Community
- Part 2: Vietnam safeguards its sovereignty by peaceful means
Indonesia defines national security threats have 277 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.