A hospital security guard who had not left his workplace for three months was among three new local infections announced by the Hanoi Center for Disease Control on Monday morning.
L.V.C., 54, hailing from Long Bien District, worked as a security guard at Duc Giang General Hospital in the same district.
C. had stayed at the hospital without returning home for three months.
The man developed a mild fever, coughing, and a sore throat on June 3.
He then purchased and took medicines without a doctor's prescription, before asking to take a break from work and going home on June 8.
He went back to work on June 12 and was examined by doctors at Duc Giang General Hospital as his symptoms did not improve.
The man was also tested for COVID-19, with his results later coming back positive.
The other two patients confirmed by the Hanoi Center for Disease Control on Monday morning were direct contacts of previously-confirmed cases in Dong Anh and Long Bien Districts.
From April 27 to Monday, Hanoi has recorded 463 local cases of COVID-19 in 13 clusters, becoming the locality with the fourth-highest number of infections in Vietnam, after Bac Giang with 4,137 patients, Bac Ninh with 1,352, and Ho Chi Minh City with 845.
These infections are among the total caseload of 7,523 recorded in 40 of Vietnam's 63 provinces and cities in this ongoing virus wave — the fourth and the worst since the pathogen first hit the country on January 23, 2020.
The nation has documented an accumulation of 10,730 patients, including 9,093 domestic and 1,637 imported cases ever since.
Recoveries have reached 3,998 while 59 patients have died, mostly with critical underlying medical conditions like cancer and chronic renal failure.
- Wild escape leaves Bengals with breathing room
- Lamar Odom’s spiral leaves ex-NBA star fighting for his life
- Broncos’ Holliday leaves with shoulder injury
- Badgers report card: Season review may leave Wisconsin feeling a bit unfulfilled
- Line drive to head leaves Yankees pitcher with fracture
- Latest from the NFL: Brees has big 1st half despite injury
- Despite ups and downs in Orlando, Grant Hill has some fond Magic memories
- Dolphins leave room for other free agency signings after Suh
- The Starting Five: OKC achieves as Stern leaves
- Despite softer stretch of schedule, Gophers still taking foes seriously
- Louisville’s Pitino sees upside despite regional final loss
- Giants win despite Manning injury; Coughlin proud
- Bucks developing overall despite summer struggles
- Gophers lose 10th straight despite double-double from Mason
- Blocked field-goal try in OT dooms Rams in 19-16 loss to 49ers
- Foster’s antics have put K-State’s season on the brink — and his coach on the hot seat
- Can Xavier stop McDermott?
- Chargers stay grounded in 22-10 win over Bills
- Boston Strong 2013: An oral history of a city’s emotional journey
- More than 100 NHS trusts have a worse gender pay gap than a year ago
Hospital guard in Hanoi catches COVID-19 despite not leaving workplace for 3 months have 467 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.