Of particular note, it has offered medical supplies, including hand sanitiser, thermometers, and face masks, to many localities and industrial parks.
It also presented 10 billion VND (433,560 USD) to a COVID-19 prevention and control fund initiated by the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) in March last year.
Honda Vietnam donated 1 billion VND to a VFF chapter in Ha Nam province in April 2020 and five vehicles to the Ministry of Health and the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control last October, and provided free face masks and rice to disadvantaged families.
This year, the company presented two COVID-19 testing devices and 10 portable ventilators to Vinh Phuc and Ha Nam provinces during May. It also strived to ensure the safety of its workers.
The auto maker announced on May 24 that it sold over 2.1 million motorbikes and 26,000 automobiles in the 2021 fiscal year, from April 2020 to March 2021, down 18 percent and 13 percent compared to the previous year due to the complex developments of COVID-19.
A total of 2.7 million motorbikes were sold in Vietnam in the period, and Honda held the lion's share of 78.6 percent, according to a company representative.
The company rolled out various new models and updated versions during the year.
In addition to domestic sales, Honda Vietnam also shipped 171,000 completely-built-unit (CBU) motorcycles and spare parts abroad, earning in excess of 368 million USD, a year-on-year decline of 4.7 percent.
It expects to export more than 222,000 motorbikes in the 2022 fiscal year, a 23 percent increase against the previous year.
Its automobile sector was hit hard by COVID-19 and supply shortages.
- Honda's All-Electric Everus VE-1 Launches In China
- ‘Big doubts Red Bull can win with Honda’
- Honda Malaysia introduces ‘Challenging Spirit’ merchandise – active wear products and accessories
- Red Bull ‘won’t push Honda to sacrifice Toro Rosso’
- Park changes the face of football in Vietnam
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Vietnamese woman to join global community of creative teachers
- Vietnam: 2003-2017 Historical Data now available
- Sports Vietnam U-19s will play with passion in Japan semifinal: coach 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos
- Sports Vietnam U-19s will play with passion in Japan semifinal: coach First tropical storm of 2019 threatens southern Vietnam
- Sports No magic as Vietnam lose 0-2 to Iran at 2019 Asian Cup Vietnamese woman to join global community of creative teachers
- Full tilt at Termas: Marquez fights off Viñales and Dovi for pole
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Hanoi, Da Nang to tighten management of pets
Honda Vietnam joins local COVID-19 fight have 411 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.