The space covers Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street and the area surrounding Cau (Bridge) Pagoda.
A number of experimental activities will take place in this space. There are several displays of historical documents and archeological items on trade and the engagement of the Japanese Street in Hoi An in the 17th century, organization of Japanese tea ceremonies, calligraphy writing and performances of traditional musical instruments, games played by Vietnamese and Japanese children and a ceremony to release colorful lanterns.
Enjoying the space which is decorated in traditional minimalist Japanese style, visitors will explore the living styles and traditional costumes of Hoi An in the early 19th century, try on Japanese garment named Yukata, ao dai (traditional Vietnamese long-dress) and loose-fitting blouses worn by Southern Vietnamese women. They will be guided how to make special food of Hoi An and Japan as well as have an opportunity to take part in a tour titled "Old hallmarks of Japan".
Highlight of the space is a ceremony to receive a red seal ship model as a gift from the Japanese prefecture of Nagasaki.
The model rebuilds the ship once carrying Princess Ngoc Hoa to her husband's home in Nagasaki. Ngoc Hoa was a princess of the Nguyen Dynasty, who married Araki Sotaro, a Japanese businessman in Hoi An nearly 400 years ago. Their marriage became a symbol of friendship between the two localities and nations.
The opening of such a space is part of events in celebration of the APEC Vietnam 2017 as well as the 45th anniversary of the Vietnam-Japan diplomatic ties (September 21, 1973-2018).
Translated by Mai Huong
- Celebrating 130 years of East Ham Working Men’s Club
- Many Europeans set to celebrate New Year's Eve in Istanbul
- Neighbouring local dealerships celebrate three years in business
- New cultural awards
- APEC 2019 opportunity to show commitment to multilatelarism: Chilean officials
- Vietnam ranks fourth in ASEAN in international arrivals in first half of 2019: PATA
- Countries around the world mark New Year's Eve 2018 in style
- Here are some of the celebrities we have lost in the last 12 months
- Japan’s firewall against populism
- Exhibition of Georgian artist opens at YARAT [PHOTO]
- Culture.ee's weekly recommendations: 11-17 February
- Guiding light for Cork Chinese at beginning of New Year
- North Shields charity celebrates third anniversary
- Not 'Merry Christmas,' but 'Happy New Year': Best Soviet postcards
- Year 2018: Country’s significant achievements in cultural field [PHOTO]
- Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Australian Open champion Naomi Osaka
- Books of the year
- Vietnam's clampdown on academic freedom
- The 2019 Wander List: 20 hottest places to travel this year
- New Emperor, new era for Japan
Hoi An to open Vietnam-Japan cultural space to celebrate APEC Year 2017 have 421 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.