Hanoi (VNA) – The high turnout (99.6 percent) at the elections of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and all-level People's Councils for 2016-2021 demonstrates people's political awareness, patriotism and trust in the Party and the State, an official has said.
Bui Van Cuong, NA Secretary General, Chairman of the NA Office and Chief of the National Election Council (NEC) Office, told the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) that the May 23 elections are a success and held in a democratic and fair manner.
The council will meet on June 10 under the chair of chief legislator and head of the NEC Vuong Dinh Hue to make a general assessment of the political event, according to the official.
Notably, all of the NA deputies have been chosen, as compared with only 99.2 percent recorded in the previous election, he said, adding that the rates of People's Council members at all levels were also higher.
The structure of deputies has met the set target, and the early voting was held smoothly, Cuong said.
He also highlighted achievements in COVID-19 prevention and control during the elections, and creative and effective methods in the communication work.
The NEC and all-level Election Committees will announce the outcomes and the list of deputies as scheduled.
Denunciations and complaints regarding the elections will continue to be handled in line with legal regulations in the time ahead, he said./.
- ‘The Pressure Was On’: Minnesota 1st In Voter Turnout For 2nd Straight Election
- Election: CSOs decry poor voter turnout, blames heavy deployment of soldiers
- Unite launches voter turnout campaign to stop Tommy Robinson in EU elections
- Voter turnout in Spain's general election reaches 37.93 pct by early afternoon
- US impeachment probe to enter high-stakes phase with public hearings next week
- Trump's Voter-Fraud Commission Makes Its First Move
- Over 62% turnout in 5th phase; violence in J&K, Bengal
- Tri-State Voters Pack The Polls To Make Their Voices Heard In Midterm Elections
- The Georgia Governor’s Race Has Brought Voter Suppression Into Full View
- Election Day 2019: Incumbent NYC Public Advocate Jumaane Williams Wins Re-Election, Melinda Katz Is New Queens DA
- Berniecrats look to push California Democratic Party leftward
- Regional party wins most seats in key Kashmir vote
- California DMV Registers 23,000 Voters Incorrectly
- Donald Trump's lawsuit against New York officials over tax returns dismissed
- White House pressured NOAA to issue statement backing Trump: Official
- Texas state representative tweets at Beto O'Rourke: My AR-15 is "ready for you"
- EVM & VVPAT snags reported in Telangana: 70% Polling with poor urban turnout
- Spanish voters go to the polls for the fourth general election in as many years amid heightened tensions over Catalan separatist movement
- Brisk polling in 51 assembly, two Lok Sabha seats; highest turnout in Arunachal Pradesh
- Two Texas Latinas near being state's first in Congress, could boost Democrats' ballot
High voter turnout reflects public trust in Party, State: official have 463 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.