Health Ministry reports 130 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker draws a dose from a vial of Covid-19 vaccine. Nine imported Covid-19 cases and 130 new domestic ones, with most of them detected in quarantine facilities or areas under lockdown, were reported this afternoon, June 20 – PHOTO: TNO|
HCMC – Nine imported Covid-19 cases and 130 new domestic ones, with most of them detected in quarantine facilities or areas under lockdown, were reported this afternoon, June 20, taking the country's tally to 13,117, according to the Ministry of Health.
The nine imported cases were quarantined after their arrival in Tay Ninh, Thai Binh, Kien Giang and Binh Duong.
Among the latest domestic cases, Bac Giang accounted for the most, 53, followed by HCMC with 34, Danang with 18, Binh Duong with 13 and Bac Ninh with nine. Ha Tinh, An Giang and Quang Nam detected one case each.
In related news, the Bac Giang government this morning said that 28 medical workers at a Covid-19 treatment area in Viet Yen District tested positive for Covid-19.
Among the 28 positive cases, 24 medical workers come from a support team in Phu Tho Province and the remaining four are medical workers of Bac Giang Province.
As of June 19, although several positive cases were detected at the infection clusters related to industrial parks in the province, the number of infections fell sharply. Besides, the number of patients who got seriously ill is declining, while the recoveries are rising.
In another development, HCMC today saw 21 hospitals send 69 vaccination teams, with 345 medical workers, to seven companies in District 7 to inject 8,490 workers.
These firms having their employees vaccinated are Nha Be Garment Corporation, Tan Thuan Company, VNG Corporation, Furukawa Automotive Parts Vietnam, Nikkios Vietnam, Organ Needle Vietnam Co., MTEX Vietnam and STRONGMAN Co.
Earlier on June 19, the HCMC government cooperated with the Ministry of Health to start a large-scale vaccination campaign in the city.
- Law ministry, MHA ask health ministry to revisit provisions of draft bill on violence against docs
- Health ministry suspects hospital insiders abetting trafficking of newborns
- Health ministry issues first public advisory on air pollution
- Gujarat: In 2017, 19% cases carried forward by police
- Fears Ebola will spread from the Democratic Republic of Congo grow as health workers in South Sudan are being given jabs to protect against the killer virus
- Health insurance fund to cover several Hepatitis C drugs
- No country in Europe hit crucial flu vaccination targets among older people last winter, report reveals
- Coping With (Power) Loss: CA's Hospitals, Clinics, Patients Face New Reality
- Community Comes Together to Rebuild New Mexico Family’s Home
- Bird flu kills teenager in Egypt: Woman, 19, is killed by H5N1 strain after coming into contact with infected birds
- NHS winter crisis: Worst EVER delays in A&E and for cancer treatment as waiting list for surgery reaches ANOTHER record-high amid spike in flu and norovirus cases
- Only a quarter of US daycares require kids to get flu shots - despite the deaths of 130 children last year
- Lyme Disease: New York Health Official Warns of Potential Spike After High Number of Disease-causing Ticks Reported
- Nasarawa: Body moves to capture 22, 000 unidentified HIV infected persons
- Health insurance coverage for ARV drug key to HIV treatment
- Health Dept: Plague case reported in a Quay County ranch dog
- Yeast Infection After Sex: Causes, Treatment & Prevention
- Flu cases jump by 25% in a WEEK amid another rise in the number of intensive care admissions as officials warn just one in SIX schoolchildren have been vaccinated
- Minnesota Reports 53 Cases Of Hepatitis A In The Last Year
- How NOT to get flu: Don’t share pens or phones at work, stand 6ft from sneezers and why you can’t rely on hand sanitiser... as cases rocket, our expert guide to staying virus free
Health Ministry reports 130 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases have 601 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.