HCMC rolls out large-scale vaccination campaign today
By Minh Duy
|A worker of FPT Software at Saigon Hi-Tech Park in Thu Duc City gets a shot of Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: D.T|
HCMC – HCMC this morning, June 19, started a large-scale Covid-19 vaccination campaign at Saigon Hi-tech Park in Thu Duc City, with some 1,000 doses to be administered to workers at FPT Software and Nipro2 today.
Speaking at the vaccination kickoff ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh said that HCMC is a key city in Vietnam, playing an important economic and political role in the country.
However, the city is currently one of the largest coronavirus hotspots in the latest wave of Covid-19, so as soon as receiving some one million doses from Japan, the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control decided to allocate 836,000 doses to the city, he added.
Deputy PM Binh said that as these doses only met part of the city's need, they would be given to the priority groups in line with the Government's Resolution 21 and those at high risk of infection, including employees at the export processing zones or industrial parks.
|Employees stand in line for Covid-19 vaccination – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
The deputy prime minister also called on residents to continue following Covid-19 safety protocols, saying that despite getting vaccinated, competent forces and residents should continue to be watchful.
The HCMC Center for Disease Control said that during this inoculation campaign, which is set to end on June 27, the city has as many as 836,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine, with 50,000 doses for police officers and soldiers.
|A medical worker introduce the vaccine to a worker before he gets a shot – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
As planned, the city will focus the vaccination on the groups at high risk of Covid-19 infection and those working at key agencies, targeting to inoculate 95% of them.
Besides, the city is planning to vaccinate all teachers and employees active in the education sector. The HCMC Department of Education and Training this morning made a list of teachers and staff in the sector for the vaccination.
|A male worker gets vaccinated against Covid-19 – PHOTO: TUYET HOANG|
The city will run a number of vaccination sites at healthcare centers and many other mobile stations, said the municipal center.
As many as 650 teams from eligible health units, including the Southern Military Center for Preventive Medicine, the Army Medical Department, State-run hospitals and private hospitals among others, have been set up to serve the large-scale vaccination campaign.
|A medical worker draws a dose from a vial of Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: D.T|
As of this afternoon, HCMC had reported 1,450 locally-infected Covid-19 cases during the current fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began on April 27.
- Google warns against misusing links in syndication & large-scale article campaigns
- How To Turn Challenger Brands Into Market Leaders Using Efficiencies In Large Scale SEM
- How to Promote Your Business Using Thematic Campaigns: SEMrush Case Study
- The benefits of the measles vaccine go beyond measles
- Anti-vaccination might be rational, but is it reasonable? – Maggie Koerth-Baker
- Scaling Content Production Without Sacrificing Quality
- Interviewing Neowiz on the Assassin, merges, PvP, and concurrency as the patch goes live today
- How To Scale Outreach Today
- 7 Expert Tips to Boost Your PPC Performance Today
- The Art of Collecting Diecast Cars and Scale Models
- The fantastic science of Turkey’s whiteness campaign – Murat Ergin
- Will Enhanced Campaigns Drive Mobile CPCs Down?
- Making The Case For Adding Deep Content To Large E-Commerce Sites
- Product Listing Ad Campaigns That Just Focus On Top Sellers Get Short Changed [Study]
- New Data Suggest AdWords Enhanced Campaigns Actually Work
- WordPress.com Launches New “Do Anything” Marketing Campaign
- Bernie Sanders Launches Second Presidential Campaign
- Marketing Day: E-commerce SEO, Pinterests 1st ad campaign & Snap acquires Placed
- Kirsten Gillibrand Announces Presidential Campaign On Late Show With Stephen Colbert
- Single Player And Co-Op Story Campaign Is Coming To Crossout
HCMC rolls out large-scale vaccination campaign today have 634 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.