HCMC expects to finish injecting 804,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses in five days
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker is injected with the Covid-19 vaccine in HCMC – PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH|
HCMC – HCMC is trying its best to give 804,000 doses of the Covid-19 vaccines to its residents within five days, the city's vice chairman Duong Anh Duc said at a meeting this afternoon, June 21.
According to Duc, who is also vice head of the HCMC committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, the city received 836,000 doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine donated by Japan late last week.
Among them, 30,000 doses have been handed over to the Ministry of National Defense and 20,000 others to the public security force to vaccinate soldiers and the city police. The local authorities are responsible for delivering the remaining 804,000 doses to the citizens.
The city launched its largest-ever vaccination campaign on June 19 and began mass vaccination this afternoon. It plans to finish injecting 804,000 doses in five days.
To prevent disruptions in the supply chain, workers at industrial parks, export processing zones and hi-tech parks will be given priority for vaccination.
According to Nguyen Hoai Nam, deputy director of the HCMC Department of Health, this vaccination campaign, together with other vaccination programs that had been implemented previously, will help the city vaccinate 6% of its population with two Covid-19 vaccine shots.
Regarding the vaccine supply, Nam said the city will receive more vaccines allocated by the Government in the coming time. It is also negotiating with foreign vaccine manufacturers to secure more Covid-19 vaccines for the people.
The HCMC Center for Disease Control said the city is trying to enhance its testing capacity to perform 500,000 Covid-19 tests a day.
Up to now HCMC has reported 1,714 domestic Covid-19 cases in the fourth Covid-19 wave beginning on April 27. The city is treating more than 1,500 Covid-19 patients.
- HCMC medical centers run out of measles vaccine
- Pasteur Institute says to produce H1N1 vaccine
- Vaccination questionable
- Stocks drop for second day
- Two years, nearly 20 babies die after vaccination
- Ten volunteers given second bird-flu injection
- WHO to assist in investigation of vaccine deaths
- Vietnam produces its own bird flu vaccine
- Keep Vaccine Packages Two Weeks after Injection: Health Ministry
- Things to be Aware of When Having Vaccine Injection
- Probe launched into infant death after vaccination
- Vietnam's bird flu vaccine successful in first human test phase
- "5 in 1" vaccine to be tested after three children died
- Latest infant deaths force Vietnam parents to rethink vaccination
- Bird flu vaccine trial encouraging: study
- Cell-based flu shot beats current vaccine: study
- Health Ministry Tests Vaccines
- Vaccination resumed amidst worry over side effects
- Health Ministry's Answers on Priorix Vaccine
- Positive results for Vietnam’s bird flu vaccine
HCMC expects to finish injecting 804,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses in five days have 430 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.