HCMC expects to buy 5-10 million Covid-19 vaccine doses this year
The Saigon Times
|A journalist in HCMC is injected with the Covid-19 vaccine. The city expects to buy 5-10 million Covid-19 vaccine doses this year – PHOTO: PHONG LAM|
HCMC – HCMC has negotiated with many Covid-19 vaccine producers and expects to buy 5-10 million Covid-19 vaccine doses in the second half of this year, said municipal vice chairman Duong Anh Duc.
At a press conference on June 21 to provide information about the city's Covid-19 vaccination campaign, Duc said the city had consulted with many experts to comply with the regulations of the Government and the Ministry of Health on the purchase of the vaccine and the requirements of vaccine producers, the local media reported.
The city has worked directly with Covid-19 vaccine producers and not through intermediaries. Due to the requirements of vaccine producers during the negotiation process, the city could not disclose specific information.
The city will announce detailed information about the vaccines after it signs contracts with the vaccine makers, Duc added.
As for the funds for Covid-19 vaccines, the city will mobilize private resources to access the vaccines at the earliest. The use of the city's budget will be more time-consuming as the city must complete public investment procedures.
The Government has provided the city with 836,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses. By the end of this year, Vietnam will receive more than 100 million Covid-19 vaccine doses. HCMC accounts for some 10% of the country's population, so it may receive 10 million vaccine doses.
Thus, the city can achieve its target of vaccinating 75% of its population against Covid-19.
Besides the imported Covid-19 vaccines, Vietnam is developing its own Covid-19 vaccines, which are undergoing human trials. Next year, locally-made Covid-19 vaccines are expected to be produced.
HCMC started a large-scale Covid-19 vaccination campaign on June 19. The campaign was expected to be completed on June 27 with 200,000 vaccine doses being injected per day. More than 5,000 medical workers have been mobilized for the campaign.
Duc affirmed that all laborers in industrial and export processing zones, the Saigon Hi-tech Park and the Quang Trung Software City will be vaccinated.
In the current Covid-19 vaccination program, in addition to priority groups, the city will provide the vaccine to about one million people, including suppliers of essential services, teachers, employees of administrative agencies, those aged over 65 and workers in industrial and export processing zones.
The municipal Department of Health said after the campaign this time, 6% of the city's population will be vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Ashley Graham leaves NOTHING to the imagination in naked Instagram post... after celebrating 10 million followers by painting numbers on her belly
- Riot Games' gender discrimination settlement should be raised from $10 million to $400 million, according to California agencies
- Inside the $10 million cyber lab trying to break Apple’s iPhone
- Report: Wizards plan to offer yearly salary near $10 million to Raptors’ Masai Ujiri
- Average kid's allowance? Almost $10 a week, or $500 a year
- Proof that mothers CAN make a career comeback: Woman who gave up work at 25 to have children launches a beauty brand from her kitchen table aged 50 - and she's set to make £10 million this year
- HCMC’s leaders offer Tet gifts to needy people in Quang Nam, Da Nang
- Girl, 13, dies from the flu days before her 14th birthday and an unvaccinated four-year-old goes blind during one of the worst virus seasons for decades that's killed 32 children
- 's Top 10 Breakthroughs of 2013
- Venezuela Inflation Rate Passes 1 Million Percent, and It's Costing Lives Every Day: This Is What Devastating Hyperinflation Looks Like
- Through the cut-price keyhole: Noel Gallagher, Mary Berry and Rod Stewart are among celebrities SLASHING millions off the sale price of their mansions as UK suffers worst housing slump for 20 years
- Sydney hotelier Andrew Lazarus buys Beach Hotel Merewether
- People around China queue to buy face masks amid fears of an outbreak of deadly SARS-like virus 'that could be passed through saliva' as vendors sell the medical products 'at 10 times its original price'
- 'Jamie Oliver owes me £4,471... but the big boys never suffer': Celebrity chef is relaunching in Asia after losing £80 million - but his creditors tell GUY ADAMS if they had made his mistakes they would be ruined
- Drug-dealing mugger, 19, who stabbed victim, 22, to death leaving him crying out for his mother after trying to steal his mountain bike and bag in alleyway ambush is jailed for at least 22 years
- When will my phone get Android 10?
- The Year in Touring Charts: Ed Sheeran Claims 2018's Top Tour; Taylor Swift, Beyoncé & Jay-Z Do Big Business
- Emiliano Sala's family still waiting for answers a year since the soccer star's death
- Disney+ is coming to Europe earlier than expected
- Amazon wants to help create a million new jobs in India
HCMC expects to buy 5-10 million Covid-19 vaccine doses this year have 774 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.