HCM CITY — HCM City on June 19 began the fourth phase of its COVID vaccination drive at the Saigon High-tech Park in Thủ Đức City.
It is being carried out at 1,000 sites until July 5.
Workers at industrial parks and export processing zones are prioritised to ensure the smooth operation of supply chains, Deputy Minister of Health Nguyễn Trường Sơn said.
A representative of the Thủ Đức City Medical Centre said 400-500 workers at the Saigon High-tech Park would be vaccinated on the first day.
A total of 836,000 AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses out of the nearly one million doses donated by the Japanese Government to Việt Nam are being used.
The city has deployed 1,032 medical teams with at least three medical workers each for the campaign.
Children to get COVID treatment at 2 more hospitals
The HCM City Department of Health on June 18 ordered the Children Hospital and the Children Hospital No.2 to admit child COVID-19 patients.
Trưng Vương COVID-19 Treatment Hospital and Củ Chi COVID-19 Treatment Hospital were already accepting patients.
The city has recorded more than 1,000 cases in the fourth COVID-19 wave that began almost two months ago, forcing health authorities to add more hospitals for treatment.
The hospitals have been instructed to carefully explain the risk of infection to parents and caregivers to prevent infection during their stay.
Parents and caregivers will be tested before entering quarantined areas with their children.
The Children Hospital No.2 on June 18 said it had set up a COVID treatment unit with 60 beds and an intensive care unit with 10 beds in a quarantined area with a separate entrance.
The hospital's operations are otherwise normal with registration for other patients taking place as usual. —VNS
- First vaccination drive of 2018 starts
- 950 cops to provide security to vaccinators
- New style driving test will ‘deliver big safety benefits and save lives’
- Belief could be key for St Albans City in New Year says Ben Herd
- Five-day campaign : Anti-polio drive kicks off today
- Special anti-polio drive for select areas of K-P
- Demolition to begin at local former education centre
- Biggest-ever Belfast delegation says 'yes we Cannes' to MIPIM
- How Sunderland businesswomen are driving the city centre forward
- Fly Tipping Friday: Council warns residents over illegally dumping waste as biggest day for fly-tipping approaches
- Self-driving cars with "remote" drivers could test on Calif roads in April
- Drive: Road trip along the Atlantic Way
- New Welwyn Garden City bus station begins to take shape
- Norwich City are in limbo and it’s time to see some strong leadership
- Waymo and Jaguar Team Up With 20,000 Car Self-Driving Fleet
- Dereham youngster Todd Cantwell’s old school ‘incredibly proud’ after his Norwich City debut against Chelsea in FA Cup
- #spothole: Readers show us potholes across the city
- Fairtrade Fortnight begins in Oxford
- Massive engineer jobs drive across Scotland as search for 400 gets underway
- Openreach launches recruitment drive for 220 engineers in East Anglia
HCM City begins the biggest vaccination drive have 580 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.