Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Hanoi's Department of Agriculture and Rural Development has been supporting farmers, cooperatives, and enterprises to promote the consumption of farming products via modern distribution channels in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Deputy director of the department Nguyen Ngoc Son said that, to expand the agricultural product market, the department has strengthened the connection between Hanoi and other provinces and cities in consuming safe agricultural products.
Of which, it has cooperated with the municipal Department of Industry and Trade to support localities' trade promotion activities in the capital city to increase the consumption of agricultural and seafood products.
"Besides that, the department has also organised direct connection activities among manufacturers – distributors – consumers in the city, and launched the website https://chonhaminh.gov.vn to promote connections on the e-commerce platform," Son said.
"Hanoi has also supported businesses in building and advertising their brands of agricultural products to promote consumption via supermarkets, food chains, restaurants, and hotels.”
Specifically, the department has connected with supermarket chains, such as Central Group, MM Mega Market, Vinmart and BRG, to consume more than 130 tonnes of Chi Linh chicken of Hai Duong province; 56,000 tonnes of mango and 98,000 tonnes of longan of Son La province; 12,000 tonnes of vegetables, fruits and seafood products of Hai Duong, Quang Ninh and Ha Giang provinces, and Vinh Chau purple onions of the Mekong Delta province of Soc Trang.
The first-ever livestream promoting products of Hanoi's "One Commune, One Product" (OCOP) programme was held early this month by the Hanoi Coordination Office for New-style Rural Area Building together with the ASEAN Digital Conversion Research Institute (ASEAN Academy).
This event aimed to support stakeholders in the production, sale and marketing of OCOP products through digital technologies and e-commerce platforms, especially against the backdrop of COVID-19.
Nguyen Van Chi, standing deputy chief of the Coordination Office for the New Rural Development Programme in Hanoi, said: “Hanoi considers livestreaming one of the effective solutions to promote online consumption of agricultural products, especially OCOP products and regional specialities.”
Dang Thi Cuoi, Director of the Cuoi Quy Hi-tech Organic Vegetable Cooperative in Dan Phuong district, Hanoi, said that due to the impact of the COVID-19, collective kitchens and restaurants must close while foreigners to Vietnam are also limited, so it is difficult for her cooperative to sell vegetables. However, with online trading channels, the cooperative has stability in vegetable consumption with an average volume of 200-300 kilos of vegetables per day.
According to Dao Thi Luong, Director of the Tam Anh Cooperative for Production and Trading of organic vegetables and fruits in Phu Xuyen district, Hanoi, with the support from the city Women's Union, the cooperative has sold 200 kilos of vegetables every day. Along with that, the cooperative has been promoting online trading activities, especially on Facebook.
Director of the Hanoi Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Chu Phu My said that the department will continue to coordinate with the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade and the Hanoi Trade and Investment Promotion Centre to promote the implementation of a programme on regional cooperation, and support consumption between Hanoi and other provinces and cities.
This programme includes support in introducing farming products and connecting Hanoi and other provinces and cities to promote the consumption of those products, especially products facing oversupply in harvest seasons.
It will support connections between domestic and joint venture enterprises with foreign partners abroad in the distribution and processing of those products, and encourage the businesses to develop e-commerce platforms and apply information technology in consumption activities./.
- Hanoi strives for sustainable agricultural development
- Vietnam – Israel promotes cooperation in many fields
- Vietnam boosts farm produce sales in traditional markets
- Hanoi to enhance communication on socio-economic development in 2018
- Hanoi to introduce fruit and vegie at Asia Fruit Logistica 2018
- Boosting links – key to increasing Vietnam’s farm produce exports
- Kill this Farm Bill: America needs agricultural policy that counters animal cruelty and promotes healthy living
- New products on display at CineEurope 2015
- Hanoi tourism industry encourages foreigners to consume Vietnamese products
- Forum promotes green tourism in Vietnam
- Lori Loughlin and daughter Olivia Jade have officially lost their first brand deals amid scandal
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – April 19
- 19 Deaths in Costa Rica Tied to Tainted Alcohol, Officials Say
- Olivia Jade 'not talking to her parents right now': Inside the family's turmoil amid scandal
- Thailand to promote Eastern Economic Corridor as a premier tourist destination
- Enhancing the supply-demand link between the Capital and other localities
- Government News 18/11
- Imported ‘waste chickens’ sold at dirt cheap price in Ho Chi Minh City
- 180 businesses attend AgroViet 2018
- Travel firms, local leaders eye agri-tourism
Hanoi promotes consumption of farming products amid COVID-19 have 801 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.