Khong Minh Tuan, deputy director of the municipal Center for Disease Control (CDC), said reopened restaurants and indoor food stalls still need to abide by coronavirus prevention measures like not allowing large crowds, keeping distances between people and putting up screens between tables. Sidewalk food stalls are still not allowed, he added.
Outdoor sports and exercise activities should be resumed as long as they do not exceed 20 people at a time, the center proposed.
“We only devise proposals based on our expertise. The municipal People's Committee would make the final decision,” said Tuan, adding the coronavirus situation in Hanoi has largely been put under control, despite infection risks posed by those traveling from coronavirus-hit areas like Ho Chi Minh City or Bac Giang.
Just last week, the Hanoi Department of Health said the municipal People's Committee would consider relaxing Covid-19 control measures, with the city's Party unit stating the capital could reopen certain businesses and activities like outdoor sporting activities with 20 people or less.
It has been six days since Hanoi last recorded a Covid-19 community transmission. The capital has reported 465 coronavirus cases so far amid Vietnam's latest Covid-19 wave, including 148 cases in its locked down hospitals.
To fight the coronavirus, Hanoi had shut down non-essential businesses and services starting April 29, beginning with karaoke parlors and bars, then restaurants and cafes.
- New Knoxville restaurants include butcher shop, ramen joint, food truck
- Restaurant Roll Call: All the Openings and Closings in 2018
- Go ahead and walk through the mud. It’s worth it to find this 70-year-old cafe
- New year, new Twin Cities-area restaurants coming
- Gary Lee's Shuts Down, and Other Restaurant Openings and Closings This Week
- All the Restaurants, Bars That Opened in San Antonio in 2018
- Rice Village Spanish restaurant and tapas bar suddenly shutters
- In 45th year, Mountain Cafe remains a Fort Collins staple
- November restaurant rewind: BBQ faves reopen, a Tex-Mex chain says adios, and more
- Looking back at the biggest Twin Cities restaurant openings of 2018
- Albany Greek restaurant reopening with new name
- Inside Sitwell’s: New Owners Reopen with Full Vegetarian/Vegan Menu
- For 20 years, Black Dog Cafe 'weathered the changes' of St. Paul's Lowertown
- A new look at Jesús Family Restaurant, a 50-year survivor on South Main Street
- Looking for somewhere to eat? Here are 15 new restaurants opening on the Coast
- West 7th-area openings, closings dominate this look back at December restaurant news
- Crema Cafe will say goodbye to Harvard Square after 10 years
- Second helpings: Restaurants that opened, closed in central Arkansas in 2018
- All the new restaurants to try in Louisville in 2018
- 2018 Athens Restaurant News Roundup
Hanoi CDC proposes reopening restaurants, cafes, barber shops have 424 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.