HÀ NỘI — Hà Nội health authorities on Thursday said arrivals from HCM City would undergo COVID-19 screening tests for 4-5 days due to the severity of the outbreak in the southern city.
Hà Nội Centre for Disease Control, in co-ordination with the medical centre of Sóc Sơn District (where Nội Bài International Airport is based), will randomly take samples from a total of 400 passengers on flights from Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport landing in Hà Nội to be tested using the rapid diagnostic method.
The selected passengers would need to remain at Nội Bài airport for 20 minutes for the test results to be returned.
If the results return positive, they would need to be tested for COVID-19 using the confirmatory RT-PCR method and be moved to an isolation ward in Nội Bài to await the final results.
Hà Nội CDC said it started by randomly testing 97 passengers on two flights from HCM City, and all returned negative results.
The screening period will run for 4-5 days.
HCM City since late May has recorded 1,100 locally acquired COVID-19 infections, making it the third biggest hotspot in the country during the fourth wave, following Bắc Giang and Bắc Ninh provinces in the north.
Hà Nội’s COVID-19 situation seems to have calmed, with only one or two cases logged in the past few days. — VNS
- Uganda approves private laboratories to carry out COVID-19 tests
- Da Nang, Vietnam's outbreak epicenter, orders mass COVID-19 testing
- Medical centres nationwide help Da Nang improve COVID-19 testing capacity
- COVID-19 testing at universities threatens to strain nationwide capacity
- China Has Conducted Over 90 Million COVID-19 Tests Since Start of Pandemic, Says Official
- Health dept to conduct Covid-19 testing at 28 centres
- Covid-19 tests required for all Hanoians returning from Danang
- Andhra Pradesh: Father desperately tries to revive dead son near mobile Covid-19 testing lab
- A.J. Hospital and Research Centre gets ICMR nod for COVID-19 testing
- Punjab health dept asks PGIMER to audit Covid-19 tests being carried out by private hospital in Jalandhar
- Mandatory for all foreign arrivals to carry negative Covid-19 report: China
- Vietnam tells foreign experts to test for Covid-19 before arriving
- A Wisconsin City Experiments With a Faster, DIY Covid-19 Test
- Da Nang braces for extensive Covid-19 testing
- BMC to increase COVID-19 testing capacity by 1,200 a day; setting up dedicated labs for RT-PCR tests
- Hanoi conducts extensive COVID-19 testing
- Hanoi capital conducts extensive COVID-19 testing
- Mayor Breed Announces Increase In San Francisco’s COVID-19 Testing Capacity
- New COVID-19 Testing Sites In Montebello, South Gate, Panorama City Open Today
- Trials for 30-second COVID-19 tests begin
Hà Nội carrying out random COVID-19 testing of arrivals from HCM City have 454 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.