The Hanoitimes – Vietnamese President Nguyen Minh Triet has asked FIFA President Joseph Blatter to support Vietnam’s bid to host the U20 Women’s World Cup in 2012 or 2014.
He made the proposal at his meeting in FIFA headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland on May 17.
The Vietnamese President affirmed that Vietnam will meet requirements needed to host the event.
President Triet hailed FIFA’s programmes and projects to help Vietnam develop professional football and expressed his gratitude to the FIFA President for his recent visits which he said greatly encouraged the Vietnamese Football Federation.
For his part, the FIFA President praised the Vietnamese people’s love for football and said he hope that the country’s football league develop quickly to the attention paid to it by the Vietnamese government and people.
In Zurich, President received leaders of Credit Suisse – one of the world’s leading financial service companies – and attended a Vietnam-Switzerland business forum .
President Triet thanked Blatter for his due attention to football development in Vietnam and hailed FIFA’s programmes designed to support the nation’s soccer development, especially professional football.
Blatter, who had visited Vietnam for three times, said FIFA always creates favourable conditions, both technically and financially, for national football federations of its member countries, including Vietnam , via projects such as GOAL and Vision Asia.
He said FIFA supports Vietnam’s proposal to host the U-20 Women’s World Cup in 2012, and informed FIFA’s plan to donate a large sum of money to foster football development, especially women’s football, in Vietnam.
President Blatter approved an additional US$200,000 for FIFA’s Goal Project to support Vietnamese football and confirmed that FIFA will support Vietnam in hosting the U20 Women’s World Cup in 2012.
- French turn on Schengen Area as migrant crisis boldens Frexit ‘Can’t host whole world!'
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 25
- The Worst Animal in the World
- Vietnam’s future transition to offshore wind auctions
- Vietnam’s logistics firms face surging opportunities but limited capacity
- These are the 50 Richest Women in America
- IMF lifts growth forecasts for rich nations, dims outlook for developing world
- IMF raises growth forecasts for rich nations, dims outlook for developing world
- COVID-19: unequitable vaccine access is 'threat to climate action' - litany of warnings from around the world
- Lilliana Vazquez Is Pregnant! The E! Host Talks 'Over the Top Elation' After 6-Year IVF Journey
- Celebs support Simone Biles after gymnast withdraws from Tokyo Olympics team final
- Matt Damon shares support for Simone Biles as she pulls out of Olympics: ‘We’re all with her’
- Olympics: Biles' Tokyo 2020 fate in balance as support pours in
- The USWNT never got out of second gear, but was that by design?
- After Years of Chinese Influence, U.S. Tries to Renew Ties in Southeast Asia
- Critics Pounce on Naomi Osaka After Loss, Denting Japan’s Claim to Diversity
- Trump Attacks W.H.O. and Ousts Watchdog for Pandemic Fund
- Where is the BBC’s Olympic studio?
- Laguna Niguel-Dana Point Sports
- Grappling With Coronavirus, Tokyo Olympic Leaders Have No Good Options
FIFA supports Vietnam's proposal to host Women's World Cup have 497 words, post on at May 19, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.