Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker conducts a Covid-19 test. A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 death toll to 48 as of this evening, June 1 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 fatalities to 48 as of this evening, June 1.
The resident of Lang Son Province tested positive for Covid-19 on May 7. When being admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for treatment, he was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by Covid-19.
On May 23, he was suffering from serious respiratory failure and hypertension. A few days later, his condition got worse with pulmonary haemorrhage and fungal infection, so he was put on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine.
Despite treatment efforts, he died last night, May 31 due to severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, hypovolemic shock and multiple organ failures.
This is the 13th patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27.
- NHS care of elderly patients often poor and lacking dignity, report says
- McKinney surgeon sentenced to 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting elderly patient
- Homeless patients were left on the streets by hospitals. This law could end ‘dumping’
- Elderly woman medevaced off Carnival Cruise Lines ship after falling
- Surgical team left sponge in patient, who later died. Redding hospital faces state fine
- Bills for Atrium patients drop after anesthesiology vendor change, hospital CEO says
- Elderly dementia patient sues for illegal eviction, retaliation from Alameda care home
- Patient at Jipmer with suspected Nipah infection tests negative
- Another patient suspected of Nipah infection admitted at Jipmer
- With Elder-Support Service, Apple Moves Deeper Into The Health Care Space
- This Little Patch Can Save Patients From Impending Heart Attacks
- Three pickpockets jailed for targeting elderly in Barking and Dagenham
- Care threw elderly residents medications in the bin
- Ambulances failing to reach dying & seriously ill patients in time
- A 14-Year-Old Made An App To Help Alzheimer’s Patients Recognize Their Loved Ones
- The Australian dollar succumbs to profit-taking as geopolitical risks resurface
- Utah State Hospital is treating more patients, more quickly 6 months after legal settlement
- Hospital patients thought they would miss out on Election Day — until these 2 nurses came to the rescue
- What this week’s strike at UC Davis hospital means for patients, traffic in Sacramento
- Community rallies around to help elderly woman who was burgled
Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19 have 396 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.