Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker conducts a Covid-19 test. A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 death toll to 48 as of this evening, June 1 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – A Covid-19 patient, a 76-year-old man, has been confirmed dead by the Ministry of Health, taking the country's Covid-19 fatalities to 48 as of this evening, June 1.
The resident of Lang Son Province tested positive for Covid-19 on May 7. When being admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for treatment, he was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by Covid-19.
On May 23, he was suffering from serious respiratory failure and hypertension. A few days later, his condition got worse with pulmonary haemorrhage and fungal infection, so he was put on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine.
Despite treatment efforts, he died last night, May 31 due to severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, hypovolemic shock and multiple organ failures.
This is the 13th patient to have died of Covid-19 in the latest outbreak in Vietnam since April 27.
- David Beckham surprises paramedic, patient with warm gesture
- Elder’s Wood center of leadership for Bills
- Eastern Kentucky sets first schedule under Elder
- Miami’s Elder honored by ACC for scoring controversial TD
- UAB succumbs to No. 9 LSU’s air attack, 56-17
- Florida throws scare into No. 1 Kentucky before succumbing in final minutes
- Magic hold lead early, succumb to Spurs’ onslaught in home loss
- Flash Points: Lightning succumb to 3rd-period rally, drop Game 1
- Sun Devils succumb late, fall to No. 4 Utah
- Don Shula rooting for his son Mike, Panthers to go 19-0
Elderly patient succumbs to Covid-19 have 266 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.