- Deputy PM urges HCM City to tighten COVID-19 prevention measures at religious establishments
- 251 more COVID-19 patients confirmed on Tuesday
- Việt Nam hopes for more int’l support in accessing COVID-19 vaccines
- Health ministry issues colour-coded COVID-19 risk guidance for localities
- Vietnam Airlines to pilot digital health passport IATA Travel Pass
HÀ NỘI – A 76-year-old man has died of COVID-19-related complications, the 48th death recorded in Việt Nam.
The man, who lived in Hữu Lũng District in Lạng Sơn Province, had been isolated at Hữu Lũng District Medical Centre after he came into close contact with a positive patient.
He tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on May 7 and was transferred to the Đông Anh branch of the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases suffering from pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2.
His condition worsened and on May 23 he showed symptoms of respiratory failure and hypotension. Despite extensive treatment, including a blood transfusion, it was determined by medical experts there was a high-risk he might not survive.
The man died on the evening of May 31 and the cause of death has been recorded as severe pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2, multi-organ failure and hemorrhagic shock. VNS
- Elderly man dies after stolen car hits mourners outside Belfast City Cemetery
- Woman who did not defrost her windshield is charged after running over and killing an elderly man on early morning walk
- Police arrest four people including two teenagers on suspicion of murder after a man died in a 'suspicious' house fire
- World's oldest man dies at his home in northern Japan aged 113 just months after claiming title
- Nigerian man dies after hunger strike in Japan detention center
- Gaza young man dies of wounds by Israeli gunfire: medics
- Watsonville Officers Track Down & Return Tricycle Stolen From Disabled Elderly Man
- Man dies after incident at Sydney IMAX construction site in Darling Harbour
- Man Dies Nearly 16 Years After Pittsburgh Parking Garage Shooting Left Him Paralyzed
- Actress Penny Marshall - who starred in Laverne & Shirley before directing hit films including Big and A League of Their Own - dies, aged 75, from complications caused by diabetes
- Heartbreaking photo of dying 87-year-old dad enjoying 'one last beer' with his three sons from his hospital bed sparks huge online response
- Plumber is praised for refusing to take payment from elderly and ill customers after £0 bill he sent leukemia patient, 91, is shared online
- Teenage commuters attack an elderly passenger on a packed train - as Sydney's worst areas for rail violence are revealed
- 'Airbnb party' murder: Neighbours reveal flat where man, 27, was stabbed to death in weekend bloodbath is hired out online to revellers
- House party murder: Neighbours reveal flat where man, 27, was stabbed to death in weekend bloodbath is hired out online to revellers
- Teen Dies After Hunting Accident In Western Pa.
- 'Naked' lorry victims fought to escape and banged for help: Police found bloody handprints on the door handle and walls of freezing -25C 'coffin' where 39 migrants died at the hands of people smugglers
- 'I'm a lucky man that Barbara Bush was my mother': George W Bush leads tributes as former First Lady dies aged 92, two days after stopping medical treatment with her husband of 73 years by her side until the very end
- Five Years After Losing Family in ISIS Mass Slaughter, Man Still Hears Screams of Brothers and Nephews
- Serial killer Ivan Milat takes his secrets to the grave as he dies from cancer in prison aged 74 while serving life term for killing seven backpackers - but refusing to confess to other murders
Elderly man dies of COVID-19 complications have 590 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.