|In the Vietnam – UAE match on June 15 (Photo: VNA)|
Hanoi – The draw for the 2022 FIFA World Cup’s third qualifiers will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on July 1 instead of June 24 as initially scheduled, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has announced.
A special release of the FIFA Rankings for Asian teams will be revealed on June 18. Based on the rankings, the seeded squads for the draw will be decided.
The top 12 teams, including the hosts Qatar, which qualified for the third round will be drawn into two groups of six teams each based on the seeds.
The final round of the Asian qualifiers will begin in September and end in March 2022.
Vietnam have made history as they advanced to the third round of the World Cup qualifiers for the first time ever, after a five-goal thriller against the hosts United Arab Emirates (UAE) on June 15 (local time).
Though they fell to a 3-2 defeat away to the UAE and lost top spot in Group G, Vietnam advanced as one of the five best group runners-up.
Vietnam are the sole representatives of Southeast Asia among the squads qualifying for the final round.
- Wales women name side to face England in final World Cup qualifier
- Fifa World Cup helps iPlayer score its biggest July on record
- Mixed results in World Cup qualifiers for Nordic football nations
- US football looks forward a year after World Cup qualifying failure
- Women's World Cup qualifier, Group C: Northern Ireland Women 0-1 Slovakia Women
- Women's World Cup qualifying: Scotland must be very aggressive
- Solomons through to first ever FIFA World Cup
- Russian police thanks Belarusian police for cooperation during 2018 FIFA World Cup
- 2019 World Cup qualifier: Jayne Ludlow says Wales have no 'grudge' with England
- US women beat Chile in warmup for World Cup qualifying
- Tickets for World Cup qualifier against Germany dearest yet for NI fans
- England women: Steph Houghton & Alex Greenwood return for World Cup qualifiers
- Northern Ireland women end World Cup qualifying campaign with defeat to Slovakia
- 5 key players for Scotland Women during their World Cup qualifying campaign
- The Workers Cup: Belfast screening of documentary on World Cup labour camps
- Russian Envoy: 2018 World Cup in Russia Changes Attitude Toward Mainstream Media
- Russian Team Makes Huge Jump in Rankings After Home World Cup
- Joy for Lionesses and Phil Neville as England Women clinch World Cup place
- FAI agree to join in with possible shared UK bid for 2030 World Cup
- Scotland squad to turn fully professional before World Cup
Draw for 2022 FIFA World Cup's third qualifiers slated for July 1 have 398 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.