Balakrishnan affirmed that the Vietnam – Singapore strategic partnership has been developing in a substantive and effective manner with high political trust and huge cooperation potential, especially when both are members of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
The two countries share many common benefits in combating COVID-19 and strengthening cooperation towards post-pandemic recovery, he emphasized.
The Singaporean official also informed his host about the outcomes of the talks with his Vietnamese counterpart Bui Thanh Son on June 21, including the proposals to establish working groups on COVID-19 response and cooperation in the digital economy as well as facilitate travel between the two countries.
Welcoming Minister Balakrishnan, Deputy PM Minh highly valued the Singaporean Government's efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and conduct mass vaccination, expressing his hope that Singapore will share its experience and cooperate with Vietnam in applying high technology in rapid testing and contact tracing and access to safe and effective vaccines.
He applauded the two countries working to soon establish and convene meetings between their working groups on COVID-19 response towards mutual recognition of each other's vaccination certificates.
The Deputy PM also welcomed the cooperation in the digital economy to create momentum for economic recovery and development in the new context.
The two sides should devise measures for effectively carrying out the cooperation aspects within the framework of the Vietnam – Singapore economic connectivity agreement, including organizing the 15th connectivity ministerial meeting early, promoting the effective and balanced development of trade, and developing the existing Vietnam – Singapore industrial parks (VSIPs) towards smart, high-tech, innovative, and environmentally friendly ones, according to him.
Minh also suggested Singapore continue the capacity building cooperation programs in the Mekong sub-region, coordinate viewpoints on regional and international issues of shared concern, including the East Sea (South China Sea) issue, and uphold the solidarity and centrality of ASEAN.
Balakrishnan pledged coordination with the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs to step up all-level mutual visits and effectively implement directions issued by the countries' leaders, thereby helping to develop the strategic partnership extensively and substantively on the basis of mutual political trust and common benefits.
- 'U.S. supports Ukraine' against Russia, Trump tells foreign minister
- Ukraine won't give up 'a centimeter of land,' interim prime minister vows as he plans U.S. visit
- NATO forces rescue foreign aid workers held by Taliban
- Car bomb in Syria kills 2, injures dozens in blast activists blame on ISIS
- Why I’m backing the boycott of Israel
- Joe Lieberman's legacy: The battle against Hezbollah
- Petraeus scandal: South Korea decides to revoke honorary title given to American socialite Jill Kelley: officials
- Malaysia's Aviation Chief: No Plane Debris At Spot Shown on China Satellite Images
- Vietnam celebrates 40 years since end of war
- CARIBBEAT: International investors eye economic projects to revitalize Marigot port area of French St. Martin
- Mogadishu losing label of ‘World’s Most Dangerous City’
- Election 2016: A look at possible candidates and who could run in the next presidential race
- Grand marshals - like Gov. Cuomo - add star power to West Indian American Day parade in September
- A referendum on Obama and Israel: Bob Turner vs. David Weprin is really about the President
- Ken Taylor, Canadian ambassador to Iran who sheltered Americans during crisis, dies at age 81
- Ailing Venezuela President Hugo Chavez unable to attend swearing-in
Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh receives visiting Singaporean Foreign Minister have 550 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.