According a report presented by the Ministry of Health at the meeting, toward the goal of reaching herd immunity by the end of 2021, the ministry has worked drastically on the mission over the past months via meetings and negotiations with vaccine producers, as well as health units and diplomatic representatives of countries that produce the vaccines.
Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long affirmed that the target of importing 150 million doses of vaccines this year is possible.
He also encouraged all capable localities and businesses to join hands in importing the vaccines.
Currently, Vietnam has 27 companies that have the function of importing and trading vaccines. The Ministry of Health has to date licensed AstraZeneca and Sputnik V vaccines and is reviewing records of two other vaccines.
Acknowledging such efforts, Dam noted vaccines that have been licensed by the World Health Organization (WHO), even if their manufacturers have yet to apply for a license in Vietnam, can still be imported. For the vaccines that have yet to get a license from WHO but having been licensed for use by other countries, the ministry will immediately license these vaccines when a local company can access them, he said.
Long informed that if the application for a license is valid, the license can be granted within five days.
The Deputy PM stated that Vietnam always adheres to the UN's principle of fair vaccine access. He requested the Ministry of Health to urgently issue a circular guiding the registration for circulation in urgent cases for COVID-19 vaccines with simplified procedures, ensuring that all capable businesses are guided and provided with the best conditions.
In the coming time, the Ministry of Health will continue to introduce policies to encourage more localities and businesses to participate in the nation's search for COVID-19 vaccines, Long said, adding that it will create best conditions possible for all localities, units and businesses in vaccine importing, licensing and testing processes.
- Deputy PM Vuong Dinh Hue visits Myanmar
- Vietnam works for more prosperous ASEAN: Deputy PM
- Binh Thuan needs to become constructive administration: Deputy PM
- Death toll rises in Gaza fighting as Israeli PM orders 'massive strikes' against Hamas
- Measles Rages in Brooklyn as Some Yeshivas Defy Vaccine Rule
- HPV vaccine to be given to boys in effort to slash cancer rates
- Ayodhya verdict LIVE updates: Disputed land granted to Hindu faith, alternate land given to construct mosque; PM Narendra Modi addresses the nation
- Donald Trump and Australian PM Scott Morrison mark '100 years of Mateship' as president hosts just his SECOND state visit after more than two years in the White House
- PICS & VIDEO: PM Narendra Modi Interacts With SRK, Aamir Khan & Other Celebs At Event Celebrating 150 Years Of Mahatma Gandhi
- Why Trump's campus free speech order is a big risk
- Raila insists maize imports plan a plot to benefit cartels
- Number of children being vaccinated drops, NHS says
- GSK unveils innovative products at second China International Import Expo
- Celebrity chef Pete Evans endorses a notorious anti-vaxxer's podcast which urges parents to ignore doctors' advice on vaccines
- Kavanaugh nomination: Trump orders additional FBI background probe
- India’s efforts towards mitigating climate change
- PM urges stronger determination for country’s development
- Plotters dither in bid to oust PM: Anti-Brexit MPs will hold emergency talks on Monday to decide whether to try to bring down Boris Johnson during Tory party conference this week
- Boost for Boris Johnson as ENGLISH judges say PM's Parliament shutdown CANNOT be legally challenged - hours after it was deemed illegal by Scottish court
- No Microtransactions Or Multiplayer In Respawn's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Deputy PM orders all-out efforts for import of COVID-19 vaccines have 583 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.