According to reports from local authorities, in 1972, Lang’s father, Ho Van Thanh, a 40-year-old soldier, took his three-year-old son into a forest in Quang Ngai Province’s Tra Bong District after seeing the tragic death of his wife and two other sons when the US troops bombed his house. The father and son lived in the forest for over 40 years until being found and taken out on August 7, 2013 when the father was seriously ill.
The donation was granted to Lang (in the middle)
Lang, now 52, is living with his younger brother’s family in Tra Bong District after his father died. They live on farming work with modest income.
Lang’s brother Ho Van Tri said that Lang started to feel pain in his stomach at the end of last year. Then the pains came more frequent and Lang experienced rapid weight loss. Tri took Lang to a local hospital where doctors said Lang had liver cancer. Shocked with the news, Tri took Lang to a larger hospital in Danang City and doctors reached the same conclusion.
However, the family is too poor to cover his treatment.
Ho Van Lang left the forest in 2013
After an article about Lang's condition was published on Dantri/DTiNews, many people made donations. Tri said that many donors also phoned him offering encouragement. “I really feel moved to receive the donation. I will take my brother to Danang Tumour Hospital for treatment," Tri added, expressing his deep gratitude to the support. Dang Minh Thao, chairman of Tra Bong District People's Committee, also came to visit Lang to encourage him.
- Dear Abby: Man’s decision to keep cancer a secret could impact others
- FIGHT CLUB At 20: Masculinity Is An Unreliable Narrator
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ Hit With Backlash For Casting Straight Comedian Jack Whitehall As Gay Character
- 11-year-old Ohio girl battling stage 4 cancer named prom queen
- Why 'Venom' Works Best Without Spider-Man
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Is the Definitive Spider-Film
- The Lessons of Youth: Ernest Hemingway as a Young Man
- Dodgeball tournament raises money to fight leukemia
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- Expedia Teams Up with St. Jude to Conquer Childhood Cancer with Dream Trip Giveaways
- Readers sound off on police discrimination, NYCHA and night owls
- Coronation Street’s Sally Dynevor says soap saved her life after she got cancer diagnosis at same time as her character
- WWE Superstar Roman Reigns Announces Return To Raw After Battle With Cancer
- 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek reveals stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis: 'I'm gonna fight this'
- Readers sound off on psychiatric care, child abuse and Rusty Staub
- The Characters Who Can Build Sony's Spider-Man Universe
- Pat Sajak responds to Alex Trebek's stage 4 cancer diagnosis
- Humble in the jungle: Meeting the gorillas of war-torn Congo
- Major Cineplex’s Jim Patterson succumbs to cancer
- Readers sound off on Rusty Staub, gun violence and the Mighty Quinn
Dantri/DTiNews readers support jungle man in cancer fight have 490 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.