Da Nang reinstated several measures against the coronavirus epidemic on Sunday, including closure of beaches and suspension of sit-down services at restaurants, according to the municipal Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
Phan Van Son, deputy chief of the Da Nang People's Committee Office, confirmed the measures on Saturday.
The ban follows the emergence of a new COVID-19 cluster in Da Nang with 23 infections detected as of Saturday evening.
All of these cases were linked to a guard of a local plastics factory, who had been confirmed positive for the pathogen on Friday afternoon.
He was deemed at high risk of infection after being listed as a close contact of a driver from Ho Chi Minh City, who tested positive for the virus on Tuesday.
Da Nang had not recorded a single community coronavirus case for a month before H.'s diagnosis.
This track record allowed local beaches and dine-in services to be reopened on June 9 after a month-long closure for COVID-19 prevention.
The latest cases took the city's tally documented since the beginning of a new wave of domestic infections in Vietnam on April 27 to 182.
As many as 9,720 local cases have been recorded in 41 out of the country's 63 provinces and cities since.
- Coronavirus cases: India records 20,346 new COVID-19 cases in 24 hours
- Roundup: Japan's new COVID-19 cases top 6,000-mark for 1st time amid prolonged resurgence
- Nigeria records 1,204 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily surge ever
- Johns Hopkins: Nearly 90 Million Global COVID-19 Cases
- Zimbabwe Reintroduces Dusk-to-Dawn Curfew to Contain Rising COVID-19 Cases
- Global COVID-19 Cases Pass 84 million With One-fourth in US
- New COVID-19 strain in India: Total 38 people test positive so far
- Vietnam confirms first domestic Covid-19 case after three months
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India Reports 6 Cases Of New COVID-19 Strain As UK Returnees Test Positive
- UK Prime Minister imposes harsh lockdown as new Covid-19 variant spreads
- Coronavirus cases: 20 UK returnees test positive for new COVID-19 strain in India
- Health officials brace for a surge in US Covid-19 cases after the holidays
- In counties where university classes were in person, Covid-19 cases rose 56%
- Vietnamese in UK wary but not afraid of new Covid-19 variant
- Sydney on alert after ‘mystery’ Covid-19 cases detected outside current cluster
- Why Tokyo ended up with a new COVID-19 emergency, and how it's fighting it
- VN confirms two new imported COVID-19 cases on Monday, total hits 331
- US hits 20 million COVID-19 cases on New Year's Day - a QUARTER of the global total - after December became the deadliest month on record with 77,000 deaths and vaccine rollout reaches just 3.17 million people
- Japan to consider new COVID-19 emergency declaration
- Florida beach and bar parties rage on amid alarming surge in COVID-19 cases
Da Nang reintroduces beach closure, dine-in ban as new COVID-19 cases emerge have 449 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.