Hanoi (VNA) – Cambodia’s Ministry of Health said on June 18 that the country recorded 799 new cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, of which 702 are infections in the community.
The new cases brought the total number of COVID-19 infections in Cambodia to 41,581, including 35,940 recoveries and 394 deaths.
Based on the new regional classification effective from June 21, the red zones of maximum control include the capital city of Bangkok and three neighboring provinces, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan.
The other eleven provinces in the red zone are Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Trang, Nakhon Pathom, Pattani, Phetchaburi, Songkhla, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, Yala and Narathiwat.
The CCSA also declared nine “orange” provinces including Chanthaburi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ayutthaya, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo and Samut Songkhram, while the remaining 53 provinces are yellow (close surveillance) zones.
Thailand reported 3,058 new COVID-19 cases and 22 deaths in the last 24 hours, raising the total numbers to 210,782 and 1,577, respectively.
Meanwhile, Singapore decided to limit the reopening due to the high number of COVID-19 cases in recent days.
The Singaporean government issued a statement stating that from June 21, sports centres are allowed to reopen, group of up to five people can eat at restaurants.
Tourist attractions, events and exploration activities can increase operating capacity from 25 percent to 50 percent. However, activities with a higher risk of infection will not be allowed to gather more than two people, instead of five people as previously announced./.
- Drug-resistant malaria is spreading across Southeast Asia, study warns
- The Singapore International Film Festival 2019 Makes New Waves in Southeast Asia!
- Nium partners with Visa for instant money transfers in Southeast Asia
- Grab CEO: Didi victory shows we can beat Uber in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam is the third largest market for CapitaLand in Southeast Asia
- WWF launches Plastic Smart Cities initiative in Southeast Asia
- India Wants More Frequent Military Drills in Southeast Asia
- Horasis Asia Meeting returns to Binh Duong, hopes for repeat of last year’s success
- 'One country, two systems': How Hong Kong remains distinct from China
- Aung San Suu Kyi: The rise and fall of Asia's Mandela
- Uber Begins To See The Payout From Accepting Cash Payments
- How Singapore Is Shaping Asia's Digital Future
- Spinnin' Records Launches Asia-Centric Label, Spinnin' Records Asia: Exclusive
- Horasis Asia Meeting returns to Bình Dương, hopes for repeat of last year’s success
- US woos Asia with plan to rival China’s ‘Belt and Road’
- Vietnam to host Asia Pacific IT Alliance Awards 2019
- Xinhua Headlines: World benefits from western China's development
- Mike Pompeo arrives in Asia amid North Korea missile tests, denuclearization doubts
- Vietnam gears toward sustainable tourism development
- Civilization dialogue to bring Asia closer
COVID-19 pandemic in Southeast Asia countries still sees complicated developments have 435 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.