|Pham Chi Nhu, co-founder and CEO of Coolmate|
Established in February 2019, the Coolmate startup specialises in selling “Made in Vietnam” apparel products directly to end-users. The startup aims to generate VND139 billion ($6 million) in revenue in 2021 after posting a revenue of VND39 billion ($1.7 million) last year.
STIC Investment is an investment fund based in Korea that manages nearly $1.4 billion in capital and has invested in more than 450 companies in Asia. STIC Investment is an early investor of Tiki, Grab, and Jo2Yoy. Prior to Coolmate, STIC has most recently poured $2 million in EcoTruck, a logistics startup.
Coolmate will use the fresh funds to develop its key areas of operation, including expanding its product portfolio to serve the demand for men’s clothing and focus on materials to bring unique experiences to customers. Also, it will invest in technology to take autonomy of its sales, operation, and customer care.
Part of the fund will be invested in human resources to improve team capacity. Meanwhile, it will expand new business models such as Print-on-Demand and Subscription packages.
In 2020, Coolmate secured seed round investment from 500 Startups Vietnam.
The representative of Coolmate said that at the time of the pre-A round its revenue has exceeded last year's results. The startup also maintains a growth rate of 15-20 per cent per month and aims to stage an initial public offering in 2025.
By Thanh Van
- The change of thinking and action in foreign investment cooperation
- Value investors going through a rough patch but value investing is not dead: Srinivas Rao Ravuri
- 'They had Rs 50 lakh in FD, but didn’t want to invest more Rs 10,000 per month in mutual funds’
- How much is too much when investing, spending money on different things
- SK establishes $850 million fund to invest in Vietnam
- Bac Giang eyes 1 billion USD in investment in 2020
- Nokia draws $560 million R&D loan for 5G
- Do you have an account, loan EMI, Mutual fund, SIP investment with Yes Bank? Here is what you need to do
- Do you have an account, loan EMI, Mutual fund, SIP investment with Yes Bank? Here is what you should do
- Hero MotoCorp's Pawan Munjal invests $1 million in Ola Electric Mobility
- Report: James Biden Secured $500,000 Loan from Healthcare Firm Under Federal Investigation
- A risky currency? Alleged $500,000 Bitcoin heist raises questions
- AI’s dirty little secret: It’s powered by people
- The truth is women make better investors. Here's the reason why
- $390 million B&T wind farm cluster expected to kick off before October
- Hue IZs, EZs target 10 projects in 2020
- Wall Street dazed and confused after worst day since 1987
- Grab's fintech platform supports SMEs in digital market
- ‘Was a political conspiracy’: Nitin Gadkari speaks out on timing of Delhi riots
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 10
Coolmate draws $500,000 investment from STIC Investments have 442 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.