HÀ NỘI — A woman being treated for lung cancer has died of COVID-related complications. She is the 58th fatality in Việt Nam.
The 64-year-old who lives in Hà Nội's Ứng Hòa District was undergoing chemotherapy at the capital's K Hospital when she tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on May 14.
She received treatment for the virus but because of her pre-existing illness, her immune system was weak and she failed to respond to medication.
The woman died on June 11 and her cause of death has been recorded as septic shock and pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2 in lung cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. — VNS
- One in eight ‘recovered’ Covid patients die within 140 days, study finds with a THIRD readmitted within weeks
- 'Are we heroes? No, we are not'—Health Care workers on fighting COVID and the pain of watching people die alone
- Vietnam confirms three more coronavirus-related deaths
- Flu vaccine protects against severe effects of COVID-19, according to new study
- High-Risk Florida Teen Dies of Coronavirus After Going to 100-Person Church Party
- How COVID-19 is exposing -- and widening -- cracks in the US health system
- Four more deaths related to COVID-19 confirmed
- Two more COVID-19 deaths reported on Monday evening
- Two more COVID-19-related deaths reported
- Four more coronavirus-related deaths recorded in Vietnam
- Over 45,000 Cases of Mucormycosis Reported in Country
- Famous anti-vaxxer Heather Simpson reveals why she got the covid vaccine
- Four more COVID-19 deaths announced, bringing total to 94
- More than 100 doctors and nurses have died combating coronavirus across the world
- Trump's harsh new sanctions on COVID-stricken Iran leave diplomatic wreckage for next president
- Today’s coronavirus news: North York General postponing non-emergency surgery after outbreak; Ontario reporting 851 cases, 6 deaths
- 'I want to go before I am in nappies': Therese has a plan for the end of her life and a message for parliamentarians
- Covid-19 related deaths of two S'poreans, ages 97 & 73, S'pore's death toll rises to 20
- Melbourne journalist Lucie Morris-Marr on why Victoria’s snap lockdown is a relief
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 5
Cancer patient dies of COVID-related complications have 339 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.