HÀ NỘI — The two books entitled Bamboo Architecture and Green Architecture by Võ Trọng Nghĩa Architects (VTN Architects) have been published in the US by Oscar Riera Ojeda Publishers.
Bamboo Architecture introduces projects implemented by VTN Architects, which mainly focus on green designs and those using bamboo – a cultural symbol of Việt Nam. Many projects have won prestigious architecture awards in the world such as ARCASIA Awards, FuturArc Green Leadership Awards, Green Good Design Awards, and International Architecture Awards (IAA).
Meanwhile, Green Architecture highlights environmentally friendly and green projects, which also won many international awards, including ARCASIA Awards, Green Good Design Awards, IAA, DFA Awards and WA Awards.
Based in HCM City, VTN Architects infuses its work with lushly planted walls, hanging vines, structure-piercing trees, weathered stones, and sunken landscapes.
It also incorporates traditional Vietnamese building techniques, like complex bamboo trusses, perforated blocks, cooling water systems, shaded terraces, and thatched roofs.
All these efforts are infused with a vision to create green architecture that merges nature, local vernacular, and — through modern materials and methods — contemporary design.
VTN Architects sees such work as a way not only to refine the urban environment but also to provide a sense of peace in the world. VNS
- Bright prospects for children’s publishing in India
- Photographer keeps old buildings alive in books
- The best book club
- Jim Button: How racist is the popular children's book?
- Book shows Vietnam in 19th century through lens of French photographer
- The Marq – a true architectural masterpiece by a team of excellence
- Vietnamese artist’s work on display at Chateau La Coste
- More Vietnamese use ride-hailing services: white book
- 'Lovecraft Country': The Book Behind HBO's New Horror Series
- These Black superheroes changed the face of comic books
- Brace yourself for Super Saturday: Boris is set to announce green light for meeting up indoors (with no hugging) and end of 2-metre rule to allow pubs, cinemas, museums and staycations to return
- And the nominees for 2020 Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards (The Ringos) are...
- Meeting the humans of Wellington and how I turned my love of the capital into my first book
- Ready, Steady, Go: New book shares behind the scenes secrets of music TV show
- 10 explosive claims from Meghan Markle and Harry book - terrifying threats and royal rows
- Coronavirus: Holiday bookings 'explode' as travel restrictions ease
- She survived Auschwitz to become a world-renowned psychologist. Now 92, in a wise and provocative new book, Dr EDITH EGER says . . . Unlock your mental prison and learn to love your life
- Eco-swaraj: Grassroots, radical green democracy in India
- Masked-up Trump arrives in NYC to visit his younger brother Robert, 72, in hospital who is 'very ill' and 'having a hard time' - weeks after his sibling sued their niece to stop publication of tell-all book
- Shots in the Dark by David Kynaston review – Trump haunts a troubled sporting diary
Books on Vietnamese green architecture published in US have 484 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.